Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 372202 times)

Offline Cacher12

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2014, 03:41:06 am »
Be nice if  customers who purchased in the last 6-12 months are given an upgrade pathway.  As a recent purchaser I would have liked to make an informed model choice.   I may have waited, I may not.  It's all about building a good faith relationship, how many purchasers are going to sound off at consultants?

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2014, 03:56:44 am »
There is definitely a new model (not sure how different it is or if its more along the lines of an upgrade without significant feature upgrades). Looking forward to hearing about it. Price I believe will be very similar but could be wrong.

Have to say though I think there is going to be a lot of annoyed customers especially those that bought in the last month or two that consultants are going to have to deal with. At least with other products like iphones etc you get the rumours happening very strongly a while before so people know there is a new one coming out soon. This is an expensive product and people will be annoyed if they saved up and bought one recently and then 1 month later new one comes out at similar price.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2014, 04:19:32 am »
But with any product there is a chance of an upgrade. I can't see Vorwerk offering a discount to anyone - they are in it to make money, not friends LOL.
This thread alone has been going since June with others speculation prior to that.
What's that old saying "Buyer Beware"?
Kylie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2014, 04:21:59 am »
As kyton said, we've been talking about it on here since June so it isn't exactly a surprise to us.  There's hasn't been any leaking to my knowledge from Australian consultants or HO but the information has been sourced from overseas connections.  Unfortunately consultants have to do as asked and that was to keep their mouths shut.  I imagine their jobs would have been on the line if they had not followed orders so I don't think you can go off at the consultants, they shouldn't bear the brunt of people's anger.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2014, 04:57:26 am »
Yes definitely it is a risk whenever you buy something but consultants are going to have some very annoyed customers on their hands regardless of it not being their fault.

I only found out a week ago so had no idea there was even talk of a new one.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2014, 05:06:50 am »
So true Judy and turando (welcome to the forum, by the way). People go off at bank cashiers, check out girls etc so my guess is that consultants are going to get a few irate phone calls if there is a major upgrade. Possibly they have been told of how to deal with them. I hope it isn't a fob off approach. I would be furious if I had been caught out. We may need to start a new post where people can vent their feelings. This one is being inundated with viewings. Over 20,000 now.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2014, 05:31:42 am »
Here is Thermomix HO's response to people on the recipe community getting annoyed about not being told about the new model. In other words, they are not denying it, just putting the onus on Vorwerk. This was posted last week.

Hi all,

We understand there have been some speculations on other pages. Any decisions about a new Thermomix model are made by Vorwerk, and we expect they’d be kept confidential until they have information for us to share with our customers.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2014, 06:06:43 am »
And they failed to mention the arrangements made months ago for the road show starting on Sat the 6th.

Anyone wanting to buy a Thermomix would have been well aware of the rumours which were circulating on the Internet since April 11 this year had they done due diligence.  There were many nay sayers and outright lies  told on many FBI pages and blogs. The are are many clues for anyone caring to look not the least of all has been the increased number of Thermomix being offered on second hand sites.

And I must say the French,Spanish and Germans have been particularly active in the rumour circuit. LOL!

So be it.  We shall see. If there is a new model I am sure there will be a lot of happy children and grandchildren benefiting  from  the upgrades that will happen.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cacher12

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2014, 06:22:19 am »
Due diligence?  Ok maybe my time frame was overly long, but as someone who has purchased in the last two months, and asked the question about a new model, only to be told a flat out no, I have rather mixed feelings at present.

As for looking at the numbers on second hand sites?  It's not my practise to buy second hand electrical but as I'm curious, there are none on Gumtree in my state

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2014, 06:34:51 am »
They will have to make the new one more expensive to avoid flack from people who have just bought the 31.

Ral was washing my bowl today.  He was having trouble putting it back together.  I told him that if he b....... It up,  he would have to buy me a new one machine. ( didn't mention that I have a second bowl and that it wasn't the machine he was messing around with.)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2014, 06:40:08 am »
Thanks for the laugh Gert, I can relate.
Denise

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2014, 06:41:57 am »
Very funny Gert. I admit I once resisted any info about thermo machines - I belonged to a cloth nappy forum that had a few owners that were bordering on fanatics LOL which made me resist even harder.
Kylie

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2014, 07:06:57 am »
I have been receiving googal alerts on Thermomix being sold in Australia and trust me when I tell you that there are even near new Thermomix being sold on Gumtree , eBay in every State and territory in Australia and the sales have increased in the past month.

I stopped counting and deleted my alerts on the 1 st of Sept. There were over 400 in the past  3 months. Some may be doubles.

I would not hesitate to buy a second hand Thermomix especially from me and mine is  nearly 5 years old.

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2014, 08:55:42 am »
I enjoyed that read Gert. Thanks. I had/ have quite a few friends like that.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/