Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7908862 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #40290 on: January 23, 2022, 12:24:30 am »
Such a meaningful picture thanks to the explanation from the artist, so very kind of her to allow it to be shared with our group Chookie.
I totally agree with that, Judy
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #40291 on: January 23, 2022, 01:07:37 am »
Well Chookie that’s just so special and a privilege to your daughter and sharing with us .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40292 on: January 23, 2022, 09:23:06 am »
How beautiful Chookie.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40293 on: January 23, 2022, 05:34:39 pm »
I’m glad everyone enjoyed it.  There are very strict rules controlling Aboriginal art. Who owns the original and what can be done with it.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #40294 on: January 23, 2022, 10:33:49 pm »
A lovely picture Chookie.  Good luck to the girls and safe travel.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40295 on: January 24, 2022, 02:56:02 am »
Neighbour has COVID. She has been quite ill. Her RAT test was negative but she knew this wasn’t right so did the PCR.  Tested positive. Not a lot we can do except keep in touch.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40296 on: January 25, 2022, 08:23:08 am »
That's not good Chookie. It seems to have arrived here. So many people are being careless with mask wearing and never checking in to stores etc. I have noticed at our local Coles/Woollies/ Aldi shops that one nationality is very bad. Kinda sad really.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40297 on: January 27, 2022, 06:37:05 am »
The under the nose masks are hysterical. Avoid at all costs.

I find I do not have to check in at the door every time because of repeat places. I can do it on the app as I enter the shopping centre of from the coolness of my car so be aware that not everyone who you see fails to check in actually has. I have been questioned but am able to show that I have. Many people do no know this shortcut so it is a chance to educate them.

This year I am doubling my efforts to downsize, donate and dispose of “stuff” . At 78 years and no longer entertaining much I have no need for more than four or maybe 6 wine glasses. Just because I like a change. LOL! Multiple trips to Life Line with crockery, glasses, gadgets etc. Cleaning out the office as well I do not need 100 envelopes, 4 reams of photocopy paper and much more.  I like having empty drawers and spaces.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40298 on: January 27, 2022, 08:48:22 am »
Gert you are indeed a star. Well done.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40299 on: January 27, 2022, 10:42:45 am »
I agree with you Gert and I’m thoroughly enjoying my culling journey. The cupboards are much more uncluttered and I can find everything I need much easier.  I will continue with all this, what doesn’t get given away today will probably go next time I’m in the mood to do some more.  Perhaps I should start on my wine glasses too as I don’t drink at all these days. I hope you are keeping well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40300 on: January 27, 2022, 08:36:33 pm »
Gert and Judy, I’m surprised that you still have stuff to get rid of. ( envy speaking here)
I try but still not good at it. Did fill a black plastic bag when I swapped over winter clothes. Did give a bread tin to GD. :) Have stopped buying clothes . ( opportunity not available. ) have upgraded electrical stuff and discarded old stuff. Yes I need to do more. You girls are an inspiration.

Still hot and humid. Nasty weather. Thunderstorms all around but very little rain.

Enjoying the tennis. Love Ash and the Special K s. Haven’t laughed so much for ages.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40301 on: January 28, 2022, 06:36:35 am »
Chookie I am surprised as well. Today I am dropping off stationery to my DD in her office. Do I need 100 envelopes and reams of paper? Culled the jewellery. Shoes gone. Been drinking all the few hundred mils of various spirits so bottles are gone. This morning was MAJOR. I hit the plastics. Disposed of about 40 age old bits. YEAH!!!! Dumped them into the recycle bin and ran away! I do a lot of shopping on line including some food that I do not wish to carry home myself. Amazon prime has good prices and free delivery so takes the guilt out but also gives me something to look forward to. Very friendly with delivery drivers who know my name and know they can get a cold drink. Also shopping on line stops me from buying unnecessary crapola. Still go to the grocery store but the mask plus glasses plus hearing aids makes me uncomfortable so that is a needs only shop. Not much in the garage but it will be next.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40302 on: January 28, 2022, 11:46:29 am »
I do need to do another clean out. I can’t get rid of glasses etc as I always look at them and say “they were given to me by Auntie ??” And keep them. I do have lots of junk that should go though.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40303 on: January 28, 2022, 12:22:16 pm »
Unfortunately you can’t be sentimental when doing clear-outs cookie. I’ve already given the girls some pieces I wanted them to have (and they wanted, they don’t want much of what I’ve got).
Gert, plastic seems to breed over the years doesn’t it?  On our local giveaway site recently there was a Mum asking if anyone had unwanted house items as her son was going out on his own for the first time.  He ended up with quite a few large boxes of stuff from my place, I opened every cupboard in the kitchen (including my pantry and my linen press) and took out items I wasn’t using.  He needed them, I didn’t.  His Mum was racing around all weekend picking up all the offers she’d had, including furniture pieces so I daresay that lad does not want for much now.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40304 on: January 28, 2022, 09:16:49 pm »
Well done Judy. Gert I laughed at the plastics comment. I forgot to mention that I cleaned out the towels and gave them to the guide dogs people for the puppies. However. Over Xmas had family and we had a Chinese Banquet. I used my Chinese dinner set that we brought back from Shanghai. Now how am I ever going to give that away. I do have 5 dinner sets. But I do use them all. Not so much now with covid but hopefully that won’t last forever.
Maybe today I will look at the baking trays. Lots for different sizes for cup cakes etc. Bread tins, OMG . Really should face up to this issue.