Author Topic: Thermomix apps  (Read 19797 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Thermomix apps
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 03:59:55 am »
I like snap too. Saves  you tearing out pages.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 02:53:46 pm »
I too have Snap recipes and find it wonderful.
Elsie once you download the app.  it has 2 parts one is to add and the other is to view.  In the add section all you do is take a photo of your recipe, this can be from a magazine, book and even the computer screen.  It then lets you add a title to the recipe, can add notes.  There are different group headings Meat Dessert etc and can also add your own.  Then save it. When you want to cook, just bring up the recipe in the view section and cook away.  As Cookie said if you don't want to keep the recipe just delete it.  I am finding  I am not printing recipes like I use to so saving lots of paper  ;D

I downloaded the app ($1.99 Canadian) and have figured out how to take pictures from the printed page.  I may be reading your post incorrectly, but it seems I can also snap a picture of a recipe from a computer screen?  Would this be snapping a picture on my iPad from a PC?  Can I take a picture using my iPad to snap a picture of a recipe on my iPad?  That sounds rather convoluted, doesn't it?  What I mean is, suppose I see a recipe on Epicurious on my iPad.  How do I take a picture of that recipe using my iPad and then save it to Snap?  Or maybe I can only snap from a printed page? 

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 07:33:21 pm »
On your iPad ElsieD to "snap" a screenshot you press the home button at the same time as the button on the top right of your iPad. It will then take a screenshot.

I too have Snap. I added an extra category of "Thermomix" so all relevant recipes are tagged directly for searching.
Kylie

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 08:57:17 pm »
Good info kyton.  My GC taught me how to do this. 
I prefix all recipes with a prefix.  Example ' jam' for all jams,  or 'cake'  for all cakes.
Like Emme I haven't got files full of paper recipes any more.  Has also saved on printing ink.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 11:57:41 pm »
Thank you for your help.  I managed to snap a picture from the internet as well as one I had in Notes and imported them into Snap.  It even managed sub headings - one for bread and one for ice cream.  What a great app!  It is going to be very, very handy.  The only thing I will need to do is edit some of the recipes so they fit on one page.  By the way, after I figured it out thanks to your help, I found the "TIPS" page on the app which I was unable to find before.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 04:02:52 am »
Great ElsieD.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 07:21:57 am »
Good work Elsie.  There will be no stopping you now. 

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 08:53:52 am »
So glad you were able to make it work for you Elsie, well done,  I am sure you will find it very useful.

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 09:43:13 am »
I haven't been on the forum for ages and had forgotten how great everyone is and the useful hints/tips/recipes. Love the idea of this app. Thanks for sharing.
Sue from North Queensland