Author Topic: "Tapatalk Community" app is now free :)  (Read 7123 times)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
"Tapatalk Community" app is now free :)
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:53:17 am »
Checked out updates for Tapatalk today as I was having lots of trouble logging in to the forum on my iPhone. They have just introduced a new look and it's free now :)

They've changed their business model. Get them in, hooked and slug them with features that they'll have to pay for. Quite a similar strategy in many category of products.

Anyway, the good news is - it's FREE now!

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
Re:
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:00:47 am »
Indeed. I grabbed it back in June or July when it dropped to free with the intention of seeing what I thought of it before committing to buying the iPad HD version.

Not sure I like the new UI in the app, I actually preferred the older version. Plus it is going to need some tweaks for iOS 7 (at present the text isn't in the buttons properly, Cancel & Reply are currently lying outside the buttons) or it's UI revamped again.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: "Tapatalk Community" app is now free :)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:16:55 am »
Yes they are going to need to fix all the bugs before I pay for any extras. Seems I can no longer choose the size of a photo from my iPad butt at least they are not quite as big. It certainly was handy over the weekend. And I must say the 3G upload was quite a bit faster in Adelaide than here.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.