Author Topic: Yet another Forum newbie!  (Read 3116 times)

Offline lena_banana

• View Profile
Yet another Forum newbie!
« on: November 06, 2011, 11:07:34 pm »
Hi all!
I have had my wonderful TMX for a year now but recently acknowledged that I just havent been using it enough! You see we are all fussy in my family..including the dog! So its been difficult finding recipes we will ALL eat! Usually I use my TMX to prepare parts of regular meals..eg the mash potato, pasta or rice. Or grating cheese, milling grains or the odd smoothie. I attended a 'back to basics' course last week and have become all inspired again...especially as we are hosting xmas this year!! I am also attending a xmas session next month!! It was the kick I needed to get back online and find this forum and other blogs to find recipes we may actually all eat (other than the cookbooks!!). I have also been gettting into CADA and Green Smoothies (discovered at last weeks back to basics) over the weekend and find them absolutely delicious (have also lost a kilo too!!). I hope I can get back to making the most of my TMX..given that it can produce so many wonderful things!
Now...off to make a Choc Green Smoothie....yum  ;D
Alana aka Lena_banana

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another Forum newbie!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 11:15:01 pm »
Hi Alana, welcome to the forum.  What a pity you didn't find us earlier but not to worry, you are here now and because of the classes you are all fired up ready to go once more.  The best thing about our recipes is that people review and tweak them to their own taste whereas a lot of those from the books, you have to make them before realising you would make some changes next time.  Our recipe book review section covers those problems though so it is always handy to see if anyone has reviewed a recipe from one of the books before making it.  So glad you are enthused once more, no one likes to see an idle TMX just sitting on the bench doing basic things.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:19:24 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 11:19:34 pm »
Welcome Alana. We love to hear of re-inspired owners joining the forum. There are plenty of recipes here so hopefully you will find some that everyone will eat.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 05:51:08 am »
Hi and welcome Alana. I'm sure this forum will inspire you. The recipes are delicious.

Judy, I love the new avatar.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 05:54:26 am »
Inspiration + simplicity -> action -> achievement -> satisfaction.

Pat on the back for your good choices, lena_banana! 
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 07:30:10 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum Alana.This forum will be brilliant in helping you to restart your cooking adventure with your TM.Have fun cooking ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 07:50:54 pm »
Hi Alana, welcome aboard.  Now that you've got your TMX mojo back make sure you keep your TMX on your bench so that it is always there when you need it and you'll find you will be using it a lot more because, not only is it a wonderful machine, but it is so convenient, just sitting there waiting for you to use.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.