Author Topic: Another newbie here!...  (Read 14657 times)

Offline WenV

• View Profile
Another newbie here!...
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:18:46 am »
Hi Everybody! I have finally taken the plunge and bought a TM yesterday after thinking long and hard, and watching my first demo almost 2 years ago.  What really tipped me was wanting to put healthier food on the table and in my kids' lunch boxes, and to do it with ease in terms of effort and time.  I'm really time-poor (like most people) and anything that makes life easier is a bonus.

I joined the forum a few months back to learn more about TM recipes from members, and find out if there are any complaints or disadvantages to the TM machine as compared to other thermal mixers in the market now.  In the end, my decision came down to after sales support, printed TM cookbooks and having a community of 'thermies' to share TM cooking success and failures with.

I enjoy cooking but my repertoire is rather limited to a few dishes due to lack of cooking experience and also limited time. I also tend to rely on supermarket seasoning packets which is quick and easy.  Hopefully, this will change with the TM.   Hence, I look forward to learning from you all, and hopefully have some early successes with my cooking using the TM. 

Thanking you all in advance and look forward to sharing with you my cooking as well!  I can't wait to take delivery of my machine, and hopefully before Christmas!  Woohoo!!

Best,
WenV

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Another newbie here!...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 08:07:46 am »
Welcome WenV. You have come to the right place for the solution to all the things you mentioned.. I hope your machine is delivered before Christmas for you. Then you will have some time to play with it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 08:11:53 am »
Hello and Welcome WenV.  :D
As cookie said, you have come to the right place for your solution!  ;D
Another 'rule' we have here is: no question is silly - so feel free to ask anything, someone will mostly be able to help.  :)
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 08:46:47 am »
Hi & welcome to the forum WenV.  Your reasons for choosing the Thermomix over all others is a valid one, all points noted are correct and are a great aid to anyone with one of these machines.  The forum is probably the best thing that happened for owners of a TMX, our members get asked to motivate people, talk people into buying and there is hardly a question that someone won't know the answer to (and that isn't limited to cooking).  I hope you have had time to have a good browse of our recipes and pick out a few that you would like to try.  If you are finding it hard to choose, have a look at CP's favourite list - it's very helpful.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 09:12:15 am »
Hello WenV and welcome to the forum! There's plenty of support on here as you start expanding your cooking repertiore, and we are more than happy to share own own experiences and advice :D
I hope you get your TM before Christmas! :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 09:37:47 am »
Hi WenV and welcome to the forum. You have made a great decision and hopefully your tmx will arrive before Christmas. The forum is a great fun place with lots of advice. It's like having all of us sitting on your kitchen bench, except less squishy ;D

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 09:54:40 am »
Congratulations on a great decision, I'm, sure you won't regret it one bit. Today I had overly fresh soup on the table for lunch, 30  mins.  So healthy and quick when unexpected visitors ring to say they are calling in.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 11:10:39 am »
Welcome to the forum WenV.Hopefully your TM will arrive for Christmas. Then you will be back posting telling us all the delicious food you have made.Have fun :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 01:58:58 pm »
Welcome to the forum WenV. Hope your thermomix comes before Christmas.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 02:57:38 pm »
welcome WenV you will be able to share your TMx beginnings with plenty of other new members who are also waiting for pre Xmas deliveries.  Enjoy!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 04:16:45 pm »
Welcome to the forum WenV
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline WenV

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 07:45:13 am »
Thank you all for your warm welcome!... I've been told by my Consultant that the TM will be picked up at head office next week and I should get it before Christmas.  The anticipation and excitement is almost unseating me as I type this message!  Just like getting a new car... :D

I'm hoping I would be able to use it to cook a dish that I'll be taking along to the family & friends Christmas feast.

In the meantime, wishing you all and your families a blessed and wonderful Christmas...and a safe and happy New Year.

Best,
WenV

Offline JeremyUK

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 08:18:51 am »
Love it - healthy(ier) cooking! That was my intention too but my Thermomix has turned me into a bread junkie. :-)

Welcome though :-)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 09:34:09 am »
Jeremy we have become bread junkies and lovers of jams made in the machine. I love making all sorts of breads, rolls and anything with yeast. Also without yeast as Chookie has helped us so much with sourdough breads.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 11:08:31 am »
I think it was chookie that said we all have an inner bread genie. I have found mine too.