Author Topic: Tomorrow!!!  (Read 5678 times)

Offline AussieMum2Boys

• View Profile
Tomorrow!!!
« on: May 07, 2013, 02:55:29 am »
Hey guys!
Ive been stalking this forum for a while. Husband got me a TM for my birthday which was last saturday.. it arrives into my hot little hands tomorrow!! So freaking excited.. I've wanted one of these babies for years!

A bit about myself.. I'm a project manager for a large pharma company working in oncology clinical trials. Background is medical science and I also have a degree in nutrition and dietetics. I am also a mama to 2 gorgeous handsome little boys almost 3 and almost 1 so I am busy busy busy! I travel a bit for work too so hubs plays a big role in the care of the kids when I am away.

I love the TM for its time saving, the wonderful wholesome meals it can cook without all those nasties and hopefully the hubs can learn to use it while I am away so he can prepare meals for the family.

Anyway, I feel like I know some of you already reading all these posts but looking forward to getting to know more TM lovers ;D;D;D

Thanks for reading. 22 hours til I get my TM!!!
Wife and working mama to 2 gorgeous little boys (3yo L1  and 1yo L2) from Sydney, Australia.

Newbie Thermomix enthusiast and a Seasoned food lover.. a match made in heaven! <3

Follow me on twitter and instagram! @AussieMum2Boys

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Tomorrow!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 03:01:56 am »
Hello and welcome.  :)
You do sound busy, you will love the TM!!
Happy birthday from Saturday too  :D
I suggest that you sort out and groceries you will need for whatever recipes you are going to cook and go shopping today, you won't want to go tomorrow after it arrives!!  :)
:D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 03:19:25 am »
Hi AM2B - welcome to the forum!! and many happy returns for last Saturday!!  Looking forward to hearing how you get on.  Have you anything planned to cook with your consultant? Just make sure you cook up some vegetable stock as soon as you can . .  it seems to go into just about anything you cook at this time of year . .soups, stews, etc etc . .   ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 03:53:48 am »
Hi AM2B, welcome to the forum and the happy world of the Thermomix.  Your job sounds very exciting and how lucky you have a husband who can step into your shoes when you are away for work.

Belated birthday wishes for Saturday - a wonderful birthday present from a kind and generous DH.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline AussieMum2Boys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 05:17:40 am »
Thanks guys. I have already done a big shop online which will be delivered on, have researched some of the recipes in the EDC too.. the bill came to $250 but I bought all the staples so that should last me a while.

DH was VERY skeptical about the TM, and he still is... I basically nagged him about getting one until finally I think he just gave up and said yes... hehehehe

So for my first meal tomorrow I'm going to make him Potato and Leek soup with the garlic and herb pizza bread and vanilla custard.. I loved these dishes at the demo and this soup is his favourite (even without the TM).. My consultant is going to help me make vege stock when she brings it over. :)

Have been stalking loads of thread regarding "favourite EDC meals" and plan to try ALL of them.. I LOVE cooking.. :)

*eek* can't wait!!
Wife and working mama to 2 gorgeous little boys (3yo L1  and 1yo L2) from Sydney, Australia.

Newbie Thermomix enthusiast and a Seasoned food lover.. a match made in heaven! <3

Follow me on twitter and instagram! @AussieMum2Boys

mcmich

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 05:32:44 am »
Welcome to the forum AM2B and happy birthday for last Saturday. You will love the Thermomix, will make meals easier with 2 little ones and working. Where abouts are you located?

Let us know how you get on.  :)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 07:22:33 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 07:58:55 am »
Welcome to the forum. We can all understand your enthusiasm and to be honest it never really goes away. Even after 4 and a half years I still love the way the tmx can do things so quickly and so well.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Tomorrow!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 09:14:04 am »
Hello and welcome ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 09:47:46 am »
Welcome to the forum AM2B :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 01:14:31 pm »
Hello and welcome.

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 02:37:04 pm »
Hi and welcome to the Forum.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 12:24:22 am »
Hello AM2B and welcome to the forum! :D Looking forward to getting to know you too :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 01:17:39 pm »
Hi AM2B and welcome to the forum. Happy birthday for last Saturday and happy cooking in 22 or less hours :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 12:11:24 am »
Hi and welcome :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url