Author Topic: Green Chicken Hors - d'oeuvers!!!  (Read 3681 times)

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
Green Chicken Hors - d'oeuvers!!!
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:22:14 pm »
Funny, funny!!! Saturday we had some friends coming over for dinner and I thought I'd make some herbal chicken hor -d'oeuvers from the "Everyday cooking book" that we could nibble on while I made the actual dinner as they were coming early. But I either put in too much flat leaf parsley or wasn't supposed to use the green part of the shallot, because they came out of the thermomix green!!! A nice green tinge!! My oldest came into the kitchen when I was rolling them and putting them onto the tray and asked what they were, I told him chicken balls/nugget things and he said they looked like "boogers". So when they were cooked I told him that the "chicken boogers" were ready!!! Well they might have looked a bit green, but they tasted GREAT!!! My oldest tried one when I told him they were ready and 5 mins later he was back in the kitchen and when I looked at the tray 12 more of them were gone!!!! So now our chicken hor -d'oeuvers have a nickname - chicken boogers!!! I think next time I'll try less parsley and not use the tops of the shallots. Oh and they were gluten free, I ground up some plain rice cakes to use instead of breadcrumbs!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Green Chicken Hors - d'oeuvers!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:03:01 am »
LOL - what do you dip your boogers in ?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 05:48:31 am »
That's hilarious!  They are delicious, and ours were just barely green, so maybe less parsley?  I'm sure I put the whole shallot in, and I used curly parsley.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 02:32:55 am »
Haha Thermomixer - I ate them just as they were, but oldest son tried them with sweet chilli sauce. But he does put that on lots of things!!! :)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 03:05:02 am »
I had the same problem when I first got TMX - cause I overheard my kids telling their grandparents that "everthing that comes out of that machine is GREEN!"  :D ;D