Author Topic: Thermomix Maintenance  (Read 3641 times)

Offline Sim

• Owner of a Melbourne-Based Cookie Company ;-)
    • View Profile
Thermomix Maintenance
« on: October 26, 2013, 01:44:21 am »
Hi all

I few questions about maintenance. My handle is starting to loosen from the jug and my blades are dull. Any tips? I know I can blend ice to sharpen, but are there any actually blade sharpening services? What should I do about the handle? Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thermomix Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 01:49:00 am »
That's actually a myth about ice sharpening the blades Sim so perhaps you need to invest in new blades.  I would certainly contact your consultant re the handle becoming loose, it could result in a nasty accident if it happened to come off completely whilst the bowl was full. 

I wonder if you took the blades to a knife sharpening place whether they could actually sharpen them, no-one has ever said they've done this but you could at least ask the question. It may not be something Vorwerk would recommend though.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Sim

• Owner of a Melbourne-Based Cookie Company ;-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 01:54:08 am »
Oh OK. Didn't know that!

I seems like a waste to have to buy new blades., I can imagine throwing my old ones away! I'll email a few sharpeners around town and see what they say (melbourne).

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 04:35:22 am »
I had to buy new blades. The girls here on the forum made me ditch my old blades, just clutter.

H
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 08:06:19 am »
My DH sharpened mine but there is also a really good Japanese knife sharpening service in Richmond here in Melbourne, but they may not want to do the TMX blades.  Good luck
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.