Author Topic: Anyone want to join me on my $100 per week food challenge  (Read 802115 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Anyone want to join me on my $100 per week food challenge
« Reply #1020 on: July 20, 2012, 06:03:04 am »
Cooking today for the party. I shoud come in under $150 for the week & the party, will be happy if I do.

Mind you the kids will be drinking water ;D

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 20, 2012, 06:04:47 am »
Nothing wrong with that Hally....

Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 20, 2012, 06:43:52 am »
Gosh thats so good Hally...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #1023 on: July 20, 2012, 07:24:55 am »
Without going through ever post on the last 69 pages, how do you do it?
Has anyone posted their meal plans for the week? If I could do $100 a week (without soft drink) I'd be damn impressed and there's only 2 of us.

Jadey  :)
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 20, 2012, 07:27:41 am »
Jadey, mine doesnt  include meat. I buy 1 side of a pig, a sheep etc at a time.

Menu plan, not buying specials for the sake of it & only buying whats on the shopping list.

Hope this helps.

ES, frgot to say that woman at the shops usd to be me :) not anymore ;D

H :)

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 20, 2012, 07:45:26 am »
It's so funny reading this thread, as I realise just how your mindset does change  ;D we are  just being so careful and thinking if we really need something before buying it.  My husband thinks its great!

Great idea for a thread Halex  ;D

Have spent $2.70 so far this week  :) Grocery shopping tomorrow, so making a very rough meal plan. Will making Dashingdens African Quinoa stew, it will use up tins of red kidney beans and tomatoes. Focus this week is to use up more food from the freezer and some tins.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #1026 on: July 20, 2012, 09:06:58 am »
This week,  came in at $85.  This includes $15 on cheese ,bought at Wool Show.  Shopping day tomorrow.

Wool and sheep show is a very big event in Bendigo. All accommodation is booked out weeks before the show.  There are stalls selling every type of fiber you can think of.  There are clothes, hats and lots of things like wine , olive oil. cheese, honey.  In fact too many things to mention.   It is like a real country show .  The very best part is the things people wear.  Most hand/home made.  Then there is the sheep bit.  Lots of different sheep. Then there are dog trials.  We go with friends.  My friend Mandy is a great knitter.  She knits lace.  Today she bought yarn that was spun from Camel hair and silk. Absolutely beautiful. I bought 1 hank of hand dyed yarn. The people who run the stalls are nice and friendly,  and remind me of people on this Forum.  Many of them belong to a massive Forum called Ravelry.  Great time was had by all. ;D

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #1027 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:00 am »
Jude I am always amazed at how well Anna and Ross cope. I would be tearing my hair out now. Give them all a big hug from us.

(BTW, Judes SIL is my Cousin)
I think they do amazingly too DG! I will pass on your greetings.
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 20, 2012, 09:18:56 am »
That sounds like my kind of show with real people and real products. I love the dog trials.

I can just imagine yarn of silk and camel. Wow. I bet it was expensive.  What cheese was it, a sheeps cheese?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 20, 2012, 09:24:09 am »
What a bargain foodie pep. You shoulda have bought two ducks!

Gert

That's not really helpful Gert!!!  You do realise that I have a shopping/hoarding obsession?   ;D

But saying that....there were 3 marked down and I should have bought all 3 of them  :D :D

Lunch was free today as I went to my first TMX demo (not at my house) today.  It's so nice to go to one at someone else's house so I get to sit, eat and watch everything.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 20, 2012, 09:47:22 am »
 halley if you have lemons make the kids some lemonade for there christmas party drink

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 20, 2012, 09:51:48 am »
halley if you have lemons make the kids some lemonade for there christmas party drink

Nothing wrong with water  ;D ;D. They will,probably be having enough sugar as is. LOL!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 20, 2012, 11:09:31 am »
Have a load of lemos, the olds next door give me a bag a week, bless them.

Water is good ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 20, 2012, 11:50:29 am »
This week,  came in at $85.  This includes $15 on cheese ,bought at Wool Show.  Shopping day tomorrow.

Wool and sheep show is a very big event in Bendigo. All accommodation is booked out weeks before the show.  There are stalls selling every type of fiber you can think of.  There are clothes, hats and lots of things like wine , olive oil. cheese, honey.  In fact too many things to mention.   It is like a real country show .  The very best part is the things people wear.  Most hand/home made.  Then there is the sheep bit.  Lots of different sheep. Then there are dog trials.  We go with friends.  My friend Mandy is a great knitter.  She knits lace.  Today she bought yarn that was spun from Camel hair and silk. Absolutely beautiful. I bought 1 hank of hand dyed yarn. The people who run the stalls are nice and friendly,  and remind me of people on this Forum.  Many of them belong to a massive Forum called Ravelry.  Great time was had by all. ;D
Any photos Chookie.It sounds like my kind of show. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #1034 on: July 20, 2012, 12:41:37 pm »
That sounds like my kind of show with real people and real products. I love the dog trials.

I can just imagine yarn of silk and camel. Wow. I bet it was expensive.  What cheese was it, a sheeps cheese?

Gert
Gert,  I think it was about  $. 45 a hank.  Friend bought 2 hanks.  Will make a very special stole,  Probably be worth $500,

cc,  kept thinking of you.  You would have loved it.  Sorry , no photos.