Author Topic: Email Hacking  (Read 9407 times)

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
Re: Email Hacking
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 05:20:30 am »
Had our company IT guy here Thursday afternoon and it was while he was here that I noticed something was wrong. He was setting up my iPhone 5 and it wouldn't accept my password.  Unfortunately as he had inserted my password  3 times I was then locked out of yahoo mail for 12 hours. Our IT guy checked and updated our two PC's and no virus found. He was pretty certain i had been havked but I didn't know for sure until Friday morning when yahoo let me back in. I changed my password after answering the secret questions and then this morning it wouldn't accept my password again. I checked my settings on phone &  iPad  and the password only had 8 digits whereas mine had 10 plus numbers  ???.  Sooooooo frustrating  Frozzie  :(

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 05:41:33 am »
Umm you may need another it guy?? Im lucky my brother is quite good at sorting that stuff out..as is dh..

An it Guy should be able to pick up there is a prob before putting in a password 3 times.. Sounds a bit odd to me..

I CAN understand the frustration
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 06:29:31 am »
MF I had a very suspicious email link from a person out your way the other day who has a yahoo account. I didn't open the link, fortunately.
She has been hacked into as well.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 06:52:00 am »
It's crazy Cookie and driving me round the bend. You were wise not to open it.
Don't know why this has happened to me so frequently. ???
Frozzie our IT guy is really good and looks after all our business computer systems, laptops,tablets etc. we have a staff in excess of 90 and  the two IT guys handle everything really well. He got my password from my husband and thought that it may have needed some upper case and lower case which is why he tried 3 times.He was meant to come to update our wifi before xmas but was very busy as our company has just moved premises so there was a lot of IT work required which is why i was so patient. Wifi great now and my new printer is installed and new programmes on the PC's in my office so now I just need to solve the hacking problem and I will be happy

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 07:16:35 am »
MF get a gmail account, and all the spam stays in spam..

Hope it get sorted soon.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 08:08:01 am »
Thanks Robyn I have now opened a gmail and have heard no spam. To be fair to yahoo I didn't receive spam but had a hotmail account about 12 years ago and it was horrendous for spam. That's why I changed to yahoo which has worked really well for me until  around 3 months ago when all this rubbish started.  ;) 

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 10:55:07 am »
Hope it gets sorted mf.. Didnt mean any offense just there are alot of it guys who dont have a clue.. It support is fine but sorting out problems is a whole other issue .. Dont assume to know your it Guy though...really hope you get through this whole hacking problem :)

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 12:27:18 pm »
Frozzie no problem I realize you are trying to help me  :)
Have to say this guy is really good otherwise we wouldn't have had him on board for the last 7 years. DH is very particular about whom he employs and seldom gets it wrong and we have been in business for 28 years now.
Hopefully I can sort out my email problem but IT guy said he will help me if I get stuck but I don't really want to do that as he is really busy in the offices at the moment.v
Hope you and DH find work soon and can move on with life. Feel so sad for you both in your current situation  :(

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Email Hacking
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 01:31:59 pm »
sounds like a right pain mf I only have my BigPond email so can't be of any help but I sure hope you don't have any more drama's technology is too time consuming when problems arise ::)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 01:37:56 pm »
So many others in the same situation when you move to oz on a permanent visa mf unless your from the uk its pretty common to wait 4 or 5 mths for work.. Pathétic really..the system is heavily flawed..but anyway thats another issue  Certainly doesnt make you more qualified for a job because you come from one country over another..we Will get there soon enough

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 04:18:51 am »
Buying your own domain is a good idea Obbie. I would never use yahoo or hotmail.
It is really a time consuming pain in the butt when you get hacked. Changing passwords frequently is good but also a pain in the butt.

Back up and then back up again to another device, PC or Mac. Some  use iCloud which is a very handy backup? Whe. you hare finished backing up do it once again for good luck. LOL!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 03:53:14 am »
Gert, I have 3 domains.
2 for work, and 1 for the kids when they decide they want their own. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url