Author Topic: Does anyone have an iPad?  (Read 15148 times)

Offline kezza

• View Profile
Does anyone have an iPad?
« on: December 28, 2010, 01:05:16 am »
I bought an iPad to store recipes in and to have it in my kit hen for quick and easy reference. However I cannot work out how to transfer them on to the iPad.  Has anyone done this?

Offline joynatalie

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone have an iPad?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 02:30:25 am »
Lving the iPad ! I just book mark the recipes and have a thermomix bookmark folder.  That is as technical as I get lol hope it helps

Offline Thermo Jo (aka Jodi)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 03:11:32 am »
I won an iPad in July and apart from games, I haven't used it much.

However just before Christmas, I did say to my hubby, I think I've found a better use for it. The Kitchen!!!

So much better than running back and forth from the computer. I don't like printing recipes out too much unless they're going to be used constantly. Bits of paper get lost so easily.

Finally the iPad can be used to better potential. I just need to buy a stand for it.

I'm not technical though so I haven't worked out how to save stuff or favourites etc.  I just have to go looking. Baby steps....
Demonstrator in training!
Converted for life!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 04:35:58 am »
I would love an iPad! I have a MacBook which is kept in my kitchen. I'm just frustrated that I can't get it to work wirelessly with my printer, even though the printer has wireless capability.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 04:55:07 am »
I use the app ever note which is free and just cut and paste my recipes into it. I have it on my lap top, iPhone and iPad so it syncs between all of them. Loving it  ;D and the iPad too ;)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Flipper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 08:57:10 am »
Apparantly THermomix are developing an Ipad/Iphone app that will be released in the next few months.  My demonstrater was telling me about it and she said it is going to be amazing!!  One to look forward too!

I have a recipe app on my ipad that allows me to store recipes I find online and I can add my own too - however I get a bit tired of typing my thermie recipes in so I have gone back to writing them in to a recipe journal.

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 09:56:33 am »
I have an ipad too, and i haven't saved recipes to it as yet. I have used it in the kitchen while cooking though and it was very handy.  My geeky husband put the shopping list into it and took it grocery shopping one night.  I would be more worried I was going to drop the thing!  He said he sat it in the seat of the trolley......he must of looking incredibly nerdy (he looks it at the best of times!).  At least with an iphone you can look like you are texting or something while you consult your shopping list.

Good news about the ipad/iphone app on the horizon!

Offline Thermo Jo (aka Jodi)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 10:23:04 am »
An iPad application would be awesome! I hope it comes soon. I dont have an iPhone but that would be good too.

Modern technology. What ever happened to the old CWA cookbook days? Now we need technology all the time.
Demonstrator in training!
Converted for life!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 10:45:03 am »
So if any of us spy a guy shopping with an iPad, it has to be your DH Jodi  :D :D :D  I'd be afraid someone would pinch it when my back was turned.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 10:51:13 am »
an android app would be even more awesome (as androids are more awesome than iphones  :P)

i am going to save my fave recipes to the e-reader format and put them all on the kobo i got for christmas  ;D
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 10:54:50 am »
I have an I pad ,  and love it.  Not technically very savvy but will have a go. I am traveling with it for the first time,  and am typing this on it.
I bought a recipe folder app but haven't used. It.   At the airport, a young man, with black spiky plastic things stuck in his ears and nose sat next to me ,  he was using an iPad.  I asked him lots of questions about traveling with one.  he was only too happy to share his knowledge with an elderly woman. I don't mind looking dorkey  but this comes with age. I look forward to learning more about using it.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 11:02:11 am »
I would really love, LOVE an ipad.

I often cart my my macbook to the kitchen to use a recipe i've seen online.  An ipad would be so much cuter :)  DH says he won't buy me one as that would mean I'd no longer use my laptop :)

Since 2011 is our year of saving and I bitterly resent giving the UK government ANOTHER 2.5% of my money it looks like I won't be getting one  :-))

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 11:27:30 am »
 :D :D :D :D Oh Chookie that was so funny, your description of the guy at the airport and good on you for giving him the time of day.  Some of them are really very 'normal' under their abnormal appearance.  I know you are not one to let an opportunity pass you by and he probably taught you quite a bit in the short time you were chatting.  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 01:48:36 pm »
My DH gave me an iPad for Christmas,couldn't lose mine as he had it inscribed on the back "Mrs.Thermomix"  :D :D I'm driving both my DH and DS nuts with all the questions.Maybe I need to travel like Chookie and get a fellow traveller( preferably better looking) to answer all my questions. :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 01:59:57 pm »
I have an iPad too (well DD won it in the school raffle, so technically it is the FAMILY'S  ;)) I use it in the kitchen but have to look up the recipes that I need - I haven't got any further than that. An app would be great!

Amanda, my DH suggested last week that I take it shopping too!!! He is also one of the biggest computer nerds out!  :D :D :D. I'm more of a pen and paper girl - shopping lists, diary etc.