Author Topic: Does anyone have an iPad?  (Read 15089 times)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone have an iPad?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 09:46:07 am »
Frozzie I use the free version. I have never had that message before
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 12:31:11 pm »
its probably because i went a bit crazy copying recipes over in order to have a good list to easily menu plan etc...im sure next month it will be fine as i wont have as much to copy at once!  ;D
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 12:58:53 pm »
What is this "shopping" thing of which you all speak?  ;)

I'm afraid I do almost all of my grocery shopping online.  I've got it off to a fine art now and rarely forget anything.  I swear it works out cheaper too as I don't get caught out with impulse buys.  I use Ocado (I'm UK based) which ONLY sell online from warehouses so their stock control is brilliant, everything's always in good condition and has a long date on it.  They're not a "cheap" supermarket but its all good quality.  I also menu plan so that I can shop effectively ....

I may sound super organised but food is the only place that I am organised  :D

Nik

Do you use their App, Nik?  I find it really useful.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 01:43:47 pm »
For some reason I never gelled with Evernote.  But I love SpringPad.  There is an extension for your browser bar on the computer and whenever there is a recipe you want, you just click the SpringIt tab and it generally recognises it's a recipe and adds the ingredients, etc.  If it doesn't, you can either bookmark it, or force it to recognise that it's a recipe and copy and paste.  In other respects, it's very similar to Evernote - just more user friendly and less work for recipes.  Also, there is a menu plan / shopping list function.

It's also possible to copy and paste java code to get it on your iPad browser bar too (don't ask me how I did it 'cos I can't remember.  I just googled SpringIt ipad browser extension, and found a place that told me how to do it.  I then dutifully followed the instructions, understanding none of it, and it worked  ;D  )

So perhaps a good idea is to download both Apps as they're free, and see which does it for you.

The other App I use is RecipeBook, which is excellent.  You can download recipes into it from online, although you can't choose the URLs yourself, they are fixed.  I generally use Recipezaar (aka Food.com), but there are lots of URLs to choose from.  Unfortunately this forum isn't one of them :-(  I did suggest it, but I guess one person asking wouldn't cut it.  Or maybe the platforms clash.  Anyway, the App itself is great, converts at the touch of a button, and even has a built in timer which I sometimes find useful.  Again, it has the Grocery List function.

The last App I use is HandyCookBook (which is an iPhone App that I use on my iPad).  This is great if you already have recipes, or know some kind person who does, on a desktop program.  These can then be exported as .mxp or .mmf files and downloaded into your App.  Also there is a website form where recipes can by typed quickly into your App, rather than trying to fiddle with the iPad 'keyboard'.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!