Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131316 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12150 on: December 23, 2013, 01:31:10 am »
Mich please can you come round? I hate wrapping and it is the last thing done here. Every year I say I will wrap as I go but then I don't. :'( :'( :'(
I have just popped out to buy the fresh fruit and veg I need for Christmas. It seemed to cost twice as much. :'( Perhaps I bought some occasionally things, like fresh pineapple. ;)
Must go and unpack it and start on the Monday list.
I received a heap of Model A cheques yesterday so they need to be processed and the receipts sent out. Might con DH into going to bank them for me. :D :D

DJ you have done so much I am in awe of you. Enjoy your couple of days of down time.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: December 23, 2013, 02:49:27 am »
Just popped in for a few minutes to see what everyone is doing. :D

Had a surprise visit from a friend who I haven't seen for nearly a year so that was nice.

I am now about to get the stuffing ready for the turkey. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: December 23, 2013, 03:11:21 am »
I am here for a while, the kids are up the road, and DH is oiling our decks...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: December 23, 2013, 04:12:01 pm »
Just back from walking Chance.Oh my it's blowing a gale and raining hard out there.If you're traveling tonight in the UK take care.
I hope Yvette has arrived safe and sound.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: December 23, 2013, 08:53:07 pm »
DH is oiling the back deck now, our front deck and boardwalk look great.

extra kids will be here soon, so I need to feed them.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

mcmich

« Reply #12155 on: December 23, 2013, 09:50:58 pm »
Back from getting the groceries. Was on Coles doorstep at 6am. Silly really as none of the fresh produce was out and the Deli counter was really busy and I was No 98. After 7am when the fruit and vegies were put out there was hardly anyone to be seen.
I think we created our own crowd.

Have a lovely Christmas Eve everyone and hopefully not too stressful.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: December 23, 2013, 09:57:26 pm »
Gosh it must have been busy Michele, No. 98  :o  Best wishes to you and your family too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: December 23, 2013, 11:19:47 pm »
Hi all. Weather still really terrible. DH had  appt today 2+ hrs away and is staying in hotel as driving so bad, he didn't expect to be away and didn't take a bag, but is safer that way. He'll be back tomorrow. It should improve for Wednesday but then be terrible again on Friday. We've truly never known it so stormy. The cow is very happy to be indoors, but is like a Hoover and swallows hay at an alarming rate. I fed her four times today, and as soon as she hears the gate go, or if she feels hungry she starts to bellow.

House cleaning still coming on but DS persuaded me that the living room was far too much work and we'd make do with two living rooms. It made it easier and he put the boxes in the living room from the dining room so that is all clear now. It has been a huge relief. So we all sat and watched the movie about secretariat the famous race horse.  Best thing to do on a terrible day. DD helped wrap some of my presents. Made two lots of puddings into the freezer. Just sticky toffee sauce to make now. Made two loaves of bread today too. They love this bread recipe so much it just vanishes!!!  Thanks Uni. It goes so well with cold beef and cold ham.
Veggies to peel and stuffing and bread sauce to make tomorrow. 

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12158 on: December 23, 2013, 11:46:18 pm »
dj your truly amazing wishing you a wonderful Christmas with your family in your little 'escape to the country' xx

I finally got all the presents wrapped last night after we went Christmas light hunting the kids loved it :D
so today I bake and tonight I help dh put together a bike, scooter and dolls house, should be fun:D:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: December 23, 2013, 11:57:44 pm »
Suzzane, been there and done that.. We wrapped yesterday, kids were at friends.

Today really relaxing, everything is all done.

[/url

*suzanne*

« Reply #12160 on: December 24, 2013, 12:07:03 am »
last year dh got of lightly and didn't have to assemble anything but different story this year.
I braved the shops yesterday having to buy a few things  that the in laws didn't have time to get since they both still work full time,  men every where the Pandora store was three deep ::) as was most of the jewelry stores

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12161 on: December 24, 2013, 12:19:00 am »
men every where the Pandora store was three deep ::) as was most of the jewelry stores

Yes...the pandora brand will make another billion this Christmas....and why do men leave their women's presents this late??? Particularly when the majority of them HATE shopping in general, let alone joining the frenzied shoppers at the last gasp  :-X

My mother decided to ring  yesterday, and was checking that we weren't buying gifts for each other this year, considering we are having major machinery issues  :o  :-\  >:(  :-X  Um, she decides this 2 days prior & I have already bought gifts & spent 2 days cooking up goodies for their hamper  :-))  speechless.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: December 24, 2013, 01:19:18 am »
They will never learn maddy, most of them aren't savvy like us women  ;)

Mum, well yes it is a little too late to ask now and you'd think she would know her DD better than that - we are talking here of the person who keeps all the shops in business throughout the year.  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: December 24, 2013, 01:22:15 am »
Oh Maddy....how did you respond??  :-\ :-*
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: December 24, 2013, 01:25:07 am »
Oh Maddy, you will have more goodies to eat..

[/url