Author Topic: johnro's Vanilla Slice  (Read 21042 times)

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
Re: johnro's Vanilla Slice
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 07:49:59 am »
I made this as a vanilla pudding today. (so without the biscuits). Made one big dish full as well as leftovers in a few small dishes. Really yummy dessert and so quick and easy - think this will become a regular here.

Excuse the slightly blurry photo before I realised it was a little out of focus, dd2 had eaten it all, lol.

ETA - I once again used cornflour and a little extra vanilla instead of the custard powder.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:42:02 am by Zan »

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 09:16:33 pm »
Pleased that this continues to be a favourite for many. Great idea Zan - thank you.   :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 11:28:37 am »
Robyn we still make it weekly. It's such a yummy pudding, so so easy and gets a good amount of dairy into my kids (they aren't big dairy eaters) oh and I think it's the yummiest thing around, lol. I just pretend it doesn't have all that cream in it, lol.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 09:32:39 am »
I'm with you Zan - since you suggested the pudding alternative I have made it 3 times as that - served with peaches set in jelly when we had a few children to feed.  I have also used it as a pavlova filling putting bananas, kiwi fruit and passionfruit on top - (BTW that was pre thermie - thermie and I disagree on the whole meringue issue so I still beat egg whites the old method, consequently pavlova does not feature as regularly on the dessert menu here!))  :)  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline sabimby

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 03:14:57 pm »
I make vanilla slice by making a double quantity of custard from the EDC, and sandwiching it between two layers of SAO biscuits. I then ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with coconut  ;D