Author Topic: Cranberry & White Chocolate Cookies  (Read 21905 times)

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
Cranberry & White Chocolate Cookies
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:15:31 am »
Converted from recipe on Best Recipes website submitted by: sashabenson

Ingredients
150g unsalted butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar 125g
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tspns vanilla extract
150g plain flour
1 tspn baking powder
pinch salt
2 cups rolled oats 150g
1 cup white chocolate chunks 110g - 150g
2/3 cup (110g) craisins

Method
Put the white chocolate melts into the TM bowl and blitz for 1 or 2 secs on Speed 7 (till broken up a bit, not totally pulverised), set aside.

Preheat oven to 180C and line baking trays with baking paper.

Put butter & sugar into TM bowl and cream on Speed 3 for 20 secs until pale and creamy (can do this on higher speed but will need to scrape down bowl a few times.  Add the egg and vanilla and mix on Speed 6 for 4 secs.

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and add to bowl. Mix at speed 4 for about 10 secs until combined. Add the oats, chocolate and craisins and mix at Speed 8 for 20 secs. The mixture is quite dense so needs to be done on this speed to make sure it all combines well.

Roll tablespoons of the mixture and place on baking trays. Flatten balls with a fork dipped in flour.

Bake for 12 - 15 mins or until pale golden.

Remove from oven and cool on trays for 5 mins before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.

These are great biscuits that had a 5 star rating on the Best Recipes forum.

members' comments

Chelsea - they are just DIVINE.  They are our new favourite "special occasion" cookie for sure.  I tweaked the recipe a little as I cook with spelt and rapadura. Thanks so much for converting this recipe and sharing it with us.  

KLC79 - YUM YUMM YUMMMMM!! Thanks for the recipe they were so easy and so delicious. Made my own butter and then went from there. The raw mixture was very tasty and tempting too. My friend was impressed and even more impressed with the TM!

willowfox - Love these cookies, thank you. I didn't have white choc or craisins so used milk choc and sultanas and they went down a treat with kids and workmates alike.

faffa70 - yum yum yum. Thanks Roxy - a hit in this house (well with most of us - there is the odd fussy one always isn't there.  

kezza - they are delicious.  Followed recipe exactly and just needed to mix butter and sugar a couple of times as my butter was still a little hard.  Thanks RoxyS - I'll make these again. Took a plate of these to work today and everybody just LOVED them - my workmates are great taste-tasters, even though I knew these bickies were already very moorish!!!

cookie1 - The raw mix was yum. Next time I make them I think I'll use white choc bits. To help it combine I used the spatula. I used damp hands to roll them and also a damp fork to squish them. I got about 40 out of the mix. I loved the idea of creaming the butter and sugar on a lower speed. They are lovely. Have a very special taste from the chocolate. DH took some with him today so they have certainly received the royal tick.

Shayla - delicious will make these over and over again. I don't often make biscuits so it is nice to have a quick and easy recipe to impress visitors. Mine made 32 cookies.

CP - Yum! Great biccy for the biccy tin. DS who has hollow legs loves these.

Cuddle cook - fantastic recipe - have written it on a recipe card, definite keeper.  I used judy dawn's tip and dusted the craisins and white choc in flour before adding, mixed 30 sec on interval speed. My cookies must have been quite large, only got 25.

jo nz - These are a new favourite in our house too. Delish.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:06:48 am by judydawn »

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Cranberry & White Chocolate Cookies
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:13:02 am »
Thanks Roxy.  I have printed off the recipe ready to try.  :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:39:33 am »
Great conversion - can taste those cookies - yum
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 05:40:17 am »
Roxy I made these earlier in the week and they are just DIVINE.  They are our new favourite "special occasion" cookie for sure.  I tweaked the recipe a little as I cook with spelt and rapadura. Thanks so much for converting this recipe and sharing it with us.  :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:07:10 am by judydawn »

Offline KLC79

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 03:16:47 pm »
Yummo, I have made the butter this evening and have all the ingredients on the bench to make the bikkies in the morning as I have a friend coming for coffee.
Can't wait, hope they are as tasty as they sound

Offline KLC79

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 05:23:59 am »
YUM YUMM YUMMMMM!!

Thanks for the recipe they were so easy and so delicious. Made my own butter and then went from there. The rawa mixture was very tasty and tempting too.

My friend was impressed and even more impressed with the TM!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 06:09:00 am »
They are just divine, aren't they!!  ;D

Offline willowfox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 03:34:47 pm »
Love these cookies, thank you:)
I didn't have white choc or craisins so used milk choc and sultanas and they went down a treat with kids and workmates alike:)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 04:44:44 pm »
Made these tonight .... yum yum yum

Thanks Roxy - a hit in this house (well with most of us - there is the odd fussy one always isn't there :-)) :-)) :-)))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 09:23:09 am »
I must add these to my list for the cookie barrel. They would look lovely with the craisins and white chocolate.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 01:31:03 pm »
These look great - they are on the list to cook tomorrow!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 01:02:52 pm »
Thanks Roxy, I will add these to the must do list.   They must be healthy with all those rolled oats. ;D

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 03:43:54 pm »
Don't know how healthy they are Achookwoman, but I have had to stop making them because I was the one eating them all and I could see my waste line expanding.

Glad that so many are enjoying these delicious cookies and yes Cookie they do look nice with the white chocolate and the craisins.

Kezza, how did you go with them? Are there any left.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 02:07:25 pm »
RoxyS - I didn't get a chance to make them on my day off and I am working tomorrow, so I wont get a chance to try them until Sunday.  Will definitely let you know how I go when I make them.  I am sure they are going to be a winner.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 11:13:30 am »
Finally made these today and they are delicious.  Followed recipe exactly and just needed to mix butter and sugar a couple of times as my butter was still a little hard.  Thanks RoxyS - I'll make these again.