Author Topic: Kindle has arrived!!!!!!, now what to do with it!!  (Read 41399 times)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Kindle has arrived!!!!!!, now what to do with it!!
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2011, 07:41:32 am »
if anyone has a kobo (not sure if the sony will read the same sorts of files) feel free to let me know and i can share some books with you :) (or at least i think i can, need to test it out with someone else!)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2011, 09:07:10 am »
I didn't realise there were Thermomix books for Kindle until I came back to this thread.

I've downloaded a sample of one of the Spanish ones and the recipes look interesting but the translations are even more interesting.... or even challenging   :o

Does anyone have either of the books in English and, if so, I'd be interested in feedback.

Thanks

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2011, 09:58:28 am »
I downloaded those 2 Spanish thermomix books to my iPad, and boy do those Spanish love their seafood!!!

Some of the translations are amusing.......glass is the THMX bowl, I saw "little grasses" (examples given of oregano, marjoram etc).  Only I few things that I would even consider making (being a non-seafood eater), but there is something compelling about collecting all the TMX recipes you possibly can!!!

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2011, 06:10:52 am »
I hope I don't sound too ignorant, but can I Only buy a kindle online or are they available in shops in W.A.?

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2011, 06:34:35 am »
Kindles are only available on line from Amazon.  If you order one be sure you select the appropriate options for an Australian model.  It is also nice to have the cover - helps protect the kindle and I think it is easier to hold with a cover, but it is an option and you do have to pay extra for it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2011, 06:49:19 am »
Not only is this forum wonderful for the wealth of info and support re TMX - I just found this topic. DH gave me a kindle for Christmas, but it only just arrived at my door yesterday, apparently there was a 9 weeks delivery for Aust orders. Thank you to all the wise ones who gave lots of info in the above posts. Now all that is needed is a TMX book for the kindle.  Between this forum, the iPad and the kindle returning for the start of the school year on Thursday will be quite an inconvenience.  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2011, 09:46:43 pm »
I have loved my kKindle so much I have now ordered one for my DH as I don't want to share mine with him as we want to read the same books at the same time. That is 4th Kindle I have bought in s few months. Now if only the Thermomix was as cheap.

Gretch
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2011, 03:26:11 am »
Gretch do all the books that you have downloaded come up on all the Kindles you have purchased? And if so, if you have Archived a book, will it also be archived on your DH's or is he able to manage his Kindle separately?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2011, 06:00:29 am »
I would like to be able to share the books we have purchased but I don't think we can. I'm not sure really. Will have to go and have a chat with the nice Sony man.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2011, 08:09:36 am »
We both have Kindles and have set up a separate Amazon account to handle kindle downloads.   Both our kindles are linked to this account so we can easily share books.    Although whether I would ever want some of his academic tomes is open to question  ;D ;D

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2011, 11:10:32 pm »
Well the one I gave to my son  he re registered in his own name with a separate account but my daughter's and both of mine are on the same account plus so will my DH's when it arrives. All books can be archived and brought to home  on all the kindles on the same account so when my husbands arrives  anything he wants I can archive so it won't be on my reading list speak  and he can do the same. 

Too easy it is. I am sure he will want to download all of Kiplings books and I may read some but not all. Just transfer the ones I want to my "home" and leave the rest archived.

So many books so little time.

Gretch

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2011, 11:34:30 pm »
Thanks Gretchen for imparting so mush of your kindle knowledge on a 'kindle newbie' - obviously  you have become a kindle pro as well as a thermie pro.  Cheers  :)  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2011, 08:30:03 pm »
I am prettty much a newbie with the kindle too. It can do a lot more and now I have discovered the NT Times crosswords . should I or shouldn't I? 

Gretch

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2011, 11:59:11 pm »
Why not Gretchen.  You don't use your kindle whilst floating around in the pool on something comfy do you  :-)) :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2011, 03:05:38 am »
I have an I pad,  and we are going overseas later in the year and I will be taking it with me.  (s0 I can keep an eye on the Forum ;D)./
We will be taking 3 very long plane trips and I would like to read the books I have down loaded.  However the reading time is only 4/5 hours on the iPad.   Someone said that I can recharge it on Qantas.   Does anyone know if this is true?