Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036881 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25095 on: May 12, 2021, 02:41:07 pm »
Yes will remind DD re uni special consideration again .
It’s been a very busy day , tidied up the house , mum would be proud it’s almost shinning . Tomorrow will be DM funeral I think I’m ok . We are all very tiered I think . But I’ll need a lot of strength to pull tomorrow off . A friend texted me tonight , it’s amazing how a few words can make you feel good ..” she was so proud of you - and for good reason “ . Also got to hug my DS tonight, well his so tall he hugged me .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25096 on: May 13, 2021, 04:43:40 am »
So much to do after the loss of our loved ones K Atie, your job is almost done. Good luck with holding up for tomorrow’s funeral, these days they’re usually a celebration of the person’s life and I’m sure your DM had a great life.

I slept in until 9.28am this morning so after a quick shower and a glass of Sustagen I was only 5 minutes late for my 10 am gym class.  For the first time in my life I had to leave the bed unmade.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25097 on: May 13, 2021, 09:46:42 am »
Even though the bed was unmade Judy, it's good you slept in.
KAtie tomorrow will be very hard, but it is the beginning of a new part of your life. It certainly won't feel like it though. Sending hugs.

I slept all afternoon. My first Nanna nap for a few weeks. I blamed the flu needle, but I don't think it was.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25098 on: May 15, 2021, 02:01:54 am »
Just a question.   Does anyone have experience with buying and using an online nutritional calculator?  If I am going to post any Diabetic recipes and other Diabetics are going to use them then I need to post the correct nutritional amounts. ( my Blog was set up solely for my use but other people do use it )

KAtie, hold strong for the funeral.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25099 on: May 15, 2021, 06:02:21 am »
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but try this:  https://xyris.com.au/products/easy-diet-diary/
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25100 on: May 15, 2021, 06:55:05 am »
Sorry Chookie, can't help.
I've done a bit of housework. I will wash the floors now as DH has gone to see his Mum. As it's cool (19) I may then sit and read. I have got a loaf of Classic Bread rising.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25101 on: May 15, 2021, 08:39:14 am »
Thanks Marina, but what I’m after is the list of nutrients that is often at the bottom of a recipe.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25102 on: May 15, 2021, 10:51:43 am »
I'll keep looking, I know I have this somewhere

This isn't the one I was thinking of but it might help  https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/industry/npc/Pages/nutrition-panel-calculator.aspx
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 11:00:30 am by Cuilidh »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25103 on: May 15, 2021, 06:33:34 pm »
It is with great sadness that my mum passed away on Wednesday night 5th of May at home . It was a very precious time the last few days . I cared for her with the guidance of the loving carers , they were so good with mum . I will never forget their love to my mum . I held mums hand for hours , it was a very special time . I cried for a long time . I feel so sad but family around is healing .
So sorry to hear that your  Mum has passed away Katie.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25104 on: May 16, 2021, 09:50:24 pm »
Marina, many thanks for that. I will try it later and see if I can work it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25105 on: May 17, 2021, 07:50:35 am »
We had a funeral to attend this  morning. A much loved member of our car club and another car club. It was a very big funeral and was a burial. As cars aren't permitted into the cemetery during the week it was a very long walk for some elderly members. We should have used our brains and got permission to take a couple of cars in for them.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25106 on: May 17, 2021, 02:35:47 pm »
Thank you all for your kind words . I stayed strong , my siblings and family were so good . My DD read a poem , she did a great job , DH and DS were Pallbearers , humbling  and beyond DS years ( only 16) . I was ok until they played the song A man and a woman as mum left the church . A wake at the church hall then family back to mums and the caters had also made lunch for all of the family . Lots of joy had . The young went out , including DD , DH went home . Just DS and my DB and his partner , we ate left overs . Lots of hugs and love .
I packed up two houses the next day and headed home with DS , we chattered about how little we had seen of each other and he kept me awake as we were home very late that night .
Reality , exhausted but took DS to boarding house next day for his dinner dance . Home to a house full of mice , one trap five in an hour . Truly I’ve never had such a problem. So put with the bait and I do not care I did it myself ( always DH job) new Easter present, a five step ladder used to get into the roof , threw bait hard and fast into roof . Under house and in sheds . Might add they ate all the Easter bunnies eggs , so we used chocolate in the traps , no peanut butter or cheese this time . Everything smells and I am tired of vacuuming up the mess and yes washed one shelf of towels in the linen cupboard!! Meanwhile DH is planting the crop , I’ve been on dinner lunch paddock runs . Yes the mice holes in the paddock are bad too.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25107 on: May 18, 2021, 01:00:30 am »
KAtie , not good about the mice  We fortunately haven’t got them, yet. Hate it when they get into the house. Those blue waxy blocks are good.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25108 on: May 18, 2021, 01:35:16 am »
What a problem to have to come home to K Atie, I couldn’t cope with that at all. I don’t mind setting the trap but could never remove the bodies - that was DH’s job.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25109 on: May 18, 2021, 05:12:57 am »
At least you are home KAtie. That is wonderful.  I have been seeing the mice on tv, it really looks dreadful. It must be really hard to deal with.
I have been outside most of the morning. Trying to cut off all the affected parts of our rose bushes. Perth has a Chilli thrip problem at the moment. They are carried in the air and seem to be everywhere.