Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6090756 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25680 on: November 14, 2021, 10:40:20 am »
You’ll soon find thing to do on your day off Marina, just ask a retired person how busy they are enjoying life.  My theory is that as we age we take longer to do anything therefore our days go by far quicker than they did when we were younger.  Take some of your extra free time just doing whatever you derive pleasure from.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25681 on: November 14, 2021, 12:59:57 pm »
Enjoy marina .
Very slow morning here DH gone very early . DS went and mowed DMIL lawns , in between rain showers . Looks like DD will have lots left to do tomorrow . DS drove back to boarding school , DD drove home ! Ok so this tagging is Exhausting me , but they are good about it too. DH rang all good the airport was like a goat town , not surprised. Kitten update, seems her tummy is getting quiet big ,she is staying close , maybe that’s because it’s so cold .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25682 on: November 15, 2021, 08:26:45 pm »
Marina, you will easily fill out your free time. Judy’s advice is good.  Save time each weekend to do something for yourself.
We have Dr appointments today. May have lunch out.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25683 on: November 16, 2021, 04:35:56 am »
Marina, enjoy your free time.  You will be surprised at how fast the time flies.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25684 on: November 17, 2021, 05:49:54 am »
We are having a day off. 

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25685 on: November 17, 2021, 07:59:43 am »
Supermarket shopping this morning.  A lazy afternoon reading.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25686 on: November 17, 2021, 11:56:36 am »
Grocery shopping.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25687 on: November 17, 2021, 12:03:13 pm »
Woke up Monday morning, to find our kitten Tommy had two baby kittens ! They are so sweet and she is a good mum so far . Have invested in so high protein kangaroo meat and feed her heaps of kitten food to help her feed  and recover . One is black like her mum and the other is white longing hair and gray Black . Today was the first time she left them . But she is very good and looks after them . We all love the kittens and DD and DS both insisted we not touch them for two weeks , only to make sure she is not on top of them or to move their bedding . Yes before you say anything we know far to young to have kittens ,but is was unfortunate. Biggest problem was leaving her for the whole day yesterday, but set her up with heaps of food and she was fine . DDS DD and I all had appointments in Melbourne yesterday , so the driving has been big for DD broke it down. So only in 11/2 sessions, night driving was interesting , we seemed to have crammed a lot in one day .
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 09:55:36 pm by K Atie »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25688 on: November 18, 2021, 03:58:01 am »
KAtie, the kids will love the kittens. After a difficult year they deserve a little pleasure.
We have finally had our wills witnessed.  It has been near impossible to finalise these.  The solicitor didn’t want to charge us but we insisted. Will also make him some Portuguese Custard Tarts.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25689 on: November 18, 2021, 07:54:51 am »
What a lovely person Chookie.
Today I travelled north of the river to a thermomix class. It is run by Nikkit (who was on here many moons ago) and a friend of hers. They used to do them a few years ago. It’s always a fun time. They feed us very well as well as making the food in front  of us. The menu today was Mini fruity mince cheesecakes with coffee on arrival. Followed by Entertainers Delight with Brie and Dips. I have photographed that. Pork fennel mini balls with Bacon Cranberry Jam. Brazilian Cheese Puffs and Chorizo Pate. On the table was crudités and dips, Medjool dates stuffed with Gorgonzola and Proscuitto (delicious) and for dessert we had Merry Mixmas Icecream with homemade Ice Magic. It was all beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25690 on: November 18, 2021, 04:30:05 pm »
That's an amazing presentation, Cookie.  I used to enjoy Nikkit's posts when she was active on here.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25691 on: November 18, 2021, 08:17:54 pm »
Day three baby kittens ... our Tommy kitten decided to hide her babies after frantic search i found them in the boiler room ( back of the garage that holds the wood boiler and wood ) in the bottom of an old plastic rubbish bin with sticks in it !! We left the there as she might move them elsewhere and have no clue were they are. This happened as I was leaving to go to Melbourne with DD . So DH comes home and decided to put the pod bed in there and put them in .. gosh I hope she is not going to move them again . DH reported they were still there lat night . It was super windy yesterday so I’m hopping that is why . These first two weeks are the test and DH did not get the memo to not touch them .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25692 on: November 18, 2021, 09:53:32 pm »
A lovely day out Cookie and the food looks delicious.  I also remember Nikkit and her amusing stories.

We have a doctor's appointment this morning, then a visitor for afternoon tea.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 09:55:03 pm by mab19 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25693 on: November 18, 2021, 11:23:11 pm »
Good to see that Nikkit is having success with her classes cookie, classes that are fun and food like that can’t be beaten.

Are you going to keep the kittens K Atie? She is very protective of her babies so is proving to be a good mother.

I’ve been doing a lot of shopping this week, stocking up on my basic needs from Costco and Aldi ahead of the Christmas crowds. Will be shopping only locally for food now. Our expected hot day yesterday didn’t last for long, the cool change came in early afternoon.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25694 on: November 19, 2021, 05:42:59 am »
Popped over to the Westfield to finish off some Christmas shopping and birthday present buying. Almost done now except for those that have gift vouchers.