Author Topic: Hi, I'm Barbara, I live in the Algarve (Portugal) and I love my "Bimby"  (Read 11699 times)

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
Hello to all of you. I have lived nearly all my life in the Algarve, when my parents moved here from our home country Germany. I am married to a Portuguese man and we have 2 children (one 16 yo boy and a 10 yo girl). I have had my TM for 2 years now and discovered this forum through the wonderfull blog of the Thermomixer and later through Tenina. Sometimes I feel I am still taking babysteps with this wondermachine. My family gave me a very hard time in the beginning and many times I have the lack of confidence to cook with it more. But, on a daily basis, slowly I am using it more and more. In my case its one of those investments that slowly pays it self back, maybe not in the first 12 months nor the first 14 months but the first 5 years.
Regards to you all and if I can help with european recipes, please let me know. I have 2 german books and many portuguese.
Take care
Barbara
Barbara

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome to this wonderful site Barbara. I'm from Perth in Western Australia and have a grown up daughter who is a pharmacist. My husband and myself are retired and love travelling all over Australia in our caravan and 4 wheel drive.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
Thank you for a warm welcome. Waht an interesting life you lead. For sure you take your TM with you when you travel in your caravan!
Barbara

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
Hi Barbara and welcome! I also have a 10 year old as well as a couple of others ;)

I hope you enjoy it here, I know I do!
Row

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Hi Welcome - looks like it is worth keeping the blog going as a net to catch passers-by.

Hope you enjoy the forum - it was set up by an Englishman in Portugal - small world.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
welcome barbara! looking forward to getting to know you :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
Welcome Barbara - hope you enjoy the forum!

Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yes Barbara. I just recently bought a bag for the thermomix to travel in so we're all set to go in the caravan.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Welcome Barbara,

Glad to have you join us.  I look forward to your posts.

Trudy

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
What a warm welcome from everybody - actually I used to participate a little in the Portuguese version of this thermomix forum (it has identical design and colours - if it weren’t for the language I would think it was the same forum) but then decided to step back and later joined another Portuguese Bimby Forum. I had never participated in any online communities and are always overwhelmed by the good will and nice environment that is crated by people all over the world, who share similar interests – in this case its cooking ( gourmet standard) and this wonderful machine.
I will try and post as often as I can.
Regards
Barbara
Barbara

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
Re: Hi, I'm Barbara, I live in the Algarve (Portugal) and I love my "Bimby"
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 12:14:10 pm »
Hi Barbara. Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a great time and I can see you have already met some fantastic people here.
This community was set up in Portugal. We are the sister site of the Bimby forum. We hope that we can grow as big as them.

Enjoy and keep smiling

Admin :-)

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 01:21:36 pm »
Thank you Master M. for the warm welcome. I actually joined the portuguese sister forum on the day it was launched, lonmg before I bought the TM. It was on Petiscos Forum that I first heard of the TM, and the topic became so big that the bimby forum was created.

Lovely to so warmly welcomed to such a nice community and I will come back often!
Barbara

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 03:02:50 pm »
Welcome Barbara,
Wow- what a wonderful place you live in.  I visited there nearly 4 years ago on a cork study tour for work.  We traved through Jerez in Spain, across to Algarve and then north through Portugal.  Portugal is a wonderful place and I would love to return one day!
Welcome and I'm sure you'll gain so much here - everyone has such wonderful tips, modifications to recipes etc.
warm wishes!

For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 04:06:58 pm »
Hello I love Bimby
Funny that you should mention that.. I have just returned from a 6 day trip to the centre and north of the country, which I did not know very well, and came back delighted with the beauty and cultural content of Portugal.
Barbara

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 04:19:36 pm »
Welcome Barbara, fancy meeting you here!! Lovely to see you getting involved...you will love the forum, just don't stop visiting me though!! Enjoy and see you round the traps! (So to speak)  ;D