Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8984312 times)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #720 on: May 26, 2009, 04:20:00 am »
that's weird amanda... maybe there are no consultants in adelaide who want to organise that sort of thing?
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #721 on: May 26, 2009, 05:22:13 am »
[
For reasons that will remain a mystery to me I don't get a monthly email from Thermomix, although I have given my details repeatedly. ??? ???
And here in Adelaide we never seem to get offered any classes other than the beginners ones, so I am getting fairly cheesed off.
Feel a bit like a mushroom. >:( >:(
If it wasn't for this forum, I would have no idea what is happening in Thermo-land!

Don't feel too bad - I never received an email - just found this when I went looking for the Persian love Cake alteration that Tenina posted and found the new post on the blog.  I am subscribed to receive a Feed ? from the site, but nothing yet. 

I only receive newsletters when there is a Victorian class on - may be worth registering as a West Australian?

We only get beginners classes here for most of the time.  The Cyndi O'Meara was just because she was in Victoria (Bendigo) for an autism conference (? I think).  Apart from that, Nico Moretti was the only other class here.  The Xmas one was mainly beginner stuff with Xmas theme.

I know how you feel though - after paying all that money and then ................................................ nothing, nada, niente  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 26, 2009, 05:42:59 am »
thank goodness for MM and us huh?!

i do get the feeds from the blog through bloglines (it was there waiting for me when i checked bloglines later taht day lol)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 26, 2009, 09:43:09 am »
Amanda, I have noticed that about the cooking classes too - same old thing, sorbet, dips etc - so I don't go to them.  First one is OK but after that you want to progress to the next step.  I get 2 emails (the same so I must have registered twice!!) every so often but do you know, I can't for the life of me remember what they tell me ??? ??? Can't be all that interesting or contain recipes otherwise I would remember (I think). Like you, this forum provides all the information and recipes we need but it would be nice not to feel like a mushroom.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #724 on: May 26, 2009, 10:26:31 am »
Another thing that I have wondered - is it just me not looking properly or is there NO link to this forum on the Thermomix recipe blog site??? ??? ???
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 26, 2009, 10:57:07 am »
i'm guessing someone in HQ approves what goes on the blog perhaps ;) (my blog is not on there either ;))
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 26, 2009, 12:51:44 pm »
I thought I would subscribe to the monthly newsletter (again) in the hope that I would receive those recipes and not have to go looking on the Thermomix site for them but it informed me that I was already subscribed.  I knew I was but, like Thermomixer, it is not recipes that I get but just news of any cooking classes, special offers on the bowl and things like that (it all just came back to me, couldn't remember earlier). Why won't they send the recipes?  It is almost like it is them and us whereas it should be WE.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 26, 2009, 12:56:44 pm »
Tonight we had the lasagne from the everyday cookbook that I cooked yesterday.  It was delicious and DH (not a lover of lasagne) actually commented that it was the best one he has ever had and the dishful I took around to Mum yesterday went down equally as well with her ringing me after she had eaten it - she went ape over it :D :D :D   As mentioned previously, had heaps of parmesan cheese and bechamel sauce left over though so tuna/corn mornay coming up for tomorrow's tea.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #728 on: May 26, 2009, 01:18:27 pm »

For reasons that will remain a mystery to me I don't get a monthly email from Thermomix, although I have given my details repeatedly. ??? ???
And here in Adelaide we never seem to get offered any classes other than the beginners ones, so I am getting fairly cheesed off.
If it wasn't for this forum, I would have no idea what is happening in Thermo-land!
[/quote]

Not sure why updates haven't been sent out - but as a consultant I'm not getting them either.  And personally think there is room for improvement  :)

However, I do get emails on special offers etc, which I then forward to my customers.   So, wherever you are located, if you would like to get these special offers sent to you, you are more than welcome to send me your email address and I'll add you to my customer list so you get the emails - then if you would like to take up the offer you can contact your local consultant  ;)

Just PM me your email address and I'll pop you on the contact list.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #729 on: May 26, 2009, 01:25:43 pm »

We only get beginners classes here for most of the time.  The Cyndi O'Meara was just because she was in Victoria (Bendigo) for an autism conference (? I think).  Apart from that, Nico Moretti was the only other class here.  The Xmas one was mainly beginner stuff with Xmas theme.

I know how you feel though - after paying all that money and then ................................................ nothing, nada, niente  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Thermomixer, I know JB is working on some various themed Cooking Classes and is encouraging consultants to plan out some new ones too.  Most cooking classes are open to owners and non owners - so I guess the idea is still to show a vast range of different things you can make in the TMX, which tends to follow a similar formula....

I have heard a few owners suggest cooking classes just for owners - with the idea of getting straight into it and avoiding time spent on explaining how to operate and the spiel. Which I think would be a great thing if the resource was available.

Hopefully something will develop out of it sooner than later  ;) :) :)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 27, 2009, 11:08:48 am »
we just had the YUMMIEST dinner - i made the ragu (with zucchini and carrot and without the bacon, celery or onion) and dh made a risotto milanese (with chicken stock concentrate and parmesan)

sooooo good

we all went for seconds though we discovered it's so rich that we couldn't eat the second serve LOL
My Cooking Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 27, 2009, 11:10:27 am »
woohoo 1000 posts for me! ;D
My Cooking Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #732 on: May 27, 2009, 11:20:48 am »
woohoo 1000 posts for me! ;D

Congrats  :-* :-* :-*  Not  :o at all  :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #733 on: May 27, 2009, 11:25:41 am »

Thermomixer, I know JB is working on some various themed Cooking Classes and is encouraging consultants to plan out some new ones too.  Most cooking classes are open to owners and non owners - so I guess the idea is still to show a vast range of different things you can make in the TMX, which tends to follow a similar formula....

I have heard a few owners suggest cooking classes just for owners - with the idea of getting straight into it and avoiding time spent on explaining how to operate and the spiel. Which I think would be a great thing if the resource was available.

Hopefully something will develop out of it sooner than later  ;) :) :)

Thanks I-L-B, the spiel really does slow it down and get monotonous.  If there were classes with more than the basics, still open to newcomers (who could be invited to personal demos with the spiel), then it would surely benefit the consultants.  (BUT I know what happened with Wang - can't get them out for class)  :(
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 27, 2009, 10:43:54 pm »
Well I have just got back form my special cookery class this evening, it was a Summer class, and they made us:
Coleslaw with mayonnaise made with milk instead of egg
Smoothie
Chicken breast in Varoma (stuffed & wrapped in clingfilm :o) with an amazing sweet red sherry sauce that was very very special
Three Delicious Non Fried Rice with Sweet & Sour Sauce
Strawberry Gazpacho  ??? (not my cup of tea)
And last but not least Strawberry Foam (excuse my translation) don't know how else to call it, made with frozen fruit and then with 2 egg whites whipped up all together! Delicious, has anyone tried that one? Oh boy that is an everyday dessert with all leftover fruit in the freezer! ;)
Amanda

Spain