Author Topic: New here  (Read 4144 times)

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
New here
« on: August 13, 2009, 01:30:10 am »
Hi, I'm new to the site. I as yet haven't purchased a Thermomix ...... but wanting to!!!  Like others my concerns are...1. Will I get the use out of it? Long time friends have one and that's how I found out about it. they live in the country so don't see them too often, but when we did our usual annual visit they raved about it, but the only thing they made was creamed rice. Mind you, all the kids that could read knew how to make it though!!!! 2. Finding the time for a demo or even getting to one. There seems to be only one consultant for the area of western Sydney and also found out the other day she is going away for 3 months and the end of August. So now if I want a demo I have to go to Avalon..... I don't even know where that is!!!!! 3. Convincing hubby that I should get one, and sell our other appliances!!!! So any advise would be great thanks!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 01:36:36 am »
Hi and welcome to the site terstoo.  What a pity your friend didn't show you a few more things the amazing TMX can do. Just keep reading postings here and you will know you will want one. If there are lack of consultants in your area, maybe you could become one  :-\ :-\ :-\  Good luck with finding out where you have to go for the demo ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 02:18:05 am »
there should dfeinitely be someone who will come to you!

if worst comes to worst I have 1-2 potential hostesses in sydney (horningsea park and ummm bankstown i think) so am contemplating a weekend visit to do demos, i'd be happy to do one fo ryou too :) my IL's are in campbelltown so close to west
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline LuisaFM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:02:47 am »
Hi terstoo
I've had my thermomix for almost 3 months now and I have not regretted the decision to get one at all (I even won my husband over in the very first week with my almost manic production of meals and desserts!)

It's a machine that makes your cooking life so much more convenient. The main advantage for me is the time saving aspect of it from beating cakes in minutes to making soups in minutes with virtually no chopping. And the fact that you leave the machine cooking while you go and do something else. No more constant stirring at the stove top.  But there are so many more advantages you'll see from reading this forum.

The only disadvantage that I have found (and its minor for me) is that it does not make huge quantities, most meals recipes are for a family of 4 or 5. I'd like to have more to freeze for leftovers, but then hands on cooking time is so reduced with the TMX anyway that you just cook up an extra batch if you really need something to freeze.

Good luck finding a hostess!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 07:00:37 am »
Luisa, did your Mum send you over those Portuguese recipe books that you mentioned in an earlier posting and if so, have you done much out of them.  Anything you'd like to share with us?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 07:08:07 am »
Hi Terstoo,

Once you have a TM you will find out heaps of ways to use it.  At first I didn't have my thinking cap on so would make something the öld way"and after think - I should have used ""the machine"as my Granddaughter calles it.  I would say when you get one to look at the recipe of what you would like to make and use the cookbook as a guide to times ect.  You will quickly get into the hang of it and the recipes on this site will be a good starting point.    Good luck

Trudy

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 08:30:14 am »
Hi All,
Thanks so much for your help. brazen20au thanks for the offer. Can you let me know when you'll be in Sydney and do I need extra people for a demo other than myself? My Nephew's wife is also interested but she is away till Aug 20th. i live in Girraween, not too far I think from Campbelltown. Maybe if its a few weeks away I could see if a couple of friends want to see it too. Also has the price gone up recently? When my country friend bought hers it was $1898 or something close to that.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 01:26:10 pm »
that would be great, i will pm you :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog