Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9005633 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #5430 on: August 22, 2011, 06:45:26 am »
 :) Thanks Maddy, i'll check them out now.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5431 on: August 22, 2011, 11:05:05 am »
3 pots of Strawberry jam.  Gave the last 3 to the mechanics who fixed the car. You would have thought that they had won Tatts Lotto

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: August 23, 2011, 07:45:51 pm »
Chicken stock concentrate,loaf of bread and Jo's Chicken and Cashew with Coconut Satay Sauce and Coconut Rice. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: August 23, 2011, 09:19:14 pm »
Today it was a lemon chiffon cake  to celebrate my second bowl. I made a batch of Nay-Nays scones. I had a gardener for a day and he appreciated having one. I also made Johnro's sweet and sour pork.  Lovely sauce.
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5434 on: August 24, 2011, 08:58:27 am »
I made Beer Bread with cheese and herbs,  from a book i brought back from South Africa.  Photo attached,
I also made bread sticks,  as a dry run for a class I am taking,  (without TMX).  Yes I know. but it is for a Charity.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: August 24, 2011, 10:39:45 am »
Looks good Chookie.  I tried one from that bread book you gave me and it was as heavy as a rock  :D :D
So you had to hand knead the dry run bread sticks - that must have been hard with the TMX sitting there watching you  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5436 on: August 24, 2011, 11:32:48 am »
Judy,  it was a real shock after 2 years of just plonking it all in and walking away while the TMX did its thing with kneading.  I used the No Fuss formula ,  for the hand kneading and it worked a treat.  50 kneads fir the first rise and 20 for the second.  Not too bad really.  Must be getting lazy. ;D ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: August 25, 2011, 07:04:37 am »
We have a busy day tomorrow then visitors coming to lunch on Saturday so today I had to get moving and start some things I'll be having for the visitors.
Firstly did the base for my Chicken & Leek filo pie and decided to make 1.5 times the recipe.  This worked out fine but there was far too much sauce so I strained it to get rid of the excess.
Next I decided to use that leftover sauce for our lunch, combined it with all the leftover vegies in the fridge and poured it over some rice pilaf in there as well. It was delicious as some of these bits and pieces recipes are. There is enough left over to serve for tea over some mashed potato I have in the fridge.
Next was this muesli slice from the forum.  This is the 3rd time I've made this one, everyone loves it.
Final thing was a batch of multi grain bread rolls from the UK website.  These were very quick as they only have 1 rise.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:08:55 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: August 25, 2011, 07:13:24 am »
It wouldn't let me put up the 4th picture

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: August 25, 2011, 07:31:10 am »
Oh - wish I would have seen that muesli slice JD. Our little school had a visit from about 100, 100yr old motorbikes today, our P&C catered for their lunch. I made the Apple (added cherries as well) teacake and the Coconut cake out of the EDC. Put them in lamington tins so I could cut them up as a slice and they worked out fabulous - I forget what good recipes are in that book.   ;)

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #5440 on: August 25, 2011, 09:06:44 am »
Today I cooked Bortch (EDC), Silverside, Mashed Potato (EDC), Steamed veges (in Varoma while silverside cooked), Almond Cake (MWOC) and Vanilla Custard (EDC).  Delicious!
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: August 25, 2011, 09:27:04 am »
Did you cook the silverside in the TMX cecilia?

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #5442 on: August 25, 2011, 09:50:28 am »
Yes, Judy.  I was going to use the recipe from Cyndi's Healthy Eating cookbook, but it was in the car and it was raining :( so I just cooked it without instructions, putting some onion and orange peel in the bowl, added a bit of vigar to the water and cut the silverside to fit into the steaming basket.  I cooked it at 100 deg for most of the time, then upped the temp to Varoma when  added the vegetables in the Varoma basket. 
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: August 25, 2011, 09:54:30 am »
How does it compare to the way you used to cook your silverside cecilia? Were you happy with it?

Offline NikiG

• View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: August 25, 2011, 11:41:28 am »
I made this Cashew and Vegetable korma last night in my TM - used the stove for the veg, and the Vitamix to make the cashew cream, but you could definitely make that in the TM before you start the rest of the process and just set it aside till you need it. I cooked the pureed onion, garlic and ginger in the TM at Varoma temp on reverse 1, but ended up with a burnt bottom of the bowl, so would recommend cooking that at maybe speed 3. I used the EDC Stock concentrate so the curry ended up a little salty, but not overpoweringly so. It was even better tonight :)
NikiG
Central Coast, NSW