Author Topic: Hello from Montreal..  (Read 10720 times)

Offline Chevvy56

• View Profile
Hello from Montreal..
« on: May 19, 2013, 10:53:11 am »
Been reading about thermomix for quite some time and if it was not for the price...would already own one...but will be going to a demo in Montreal next saturday with my wife and will probably walk out with one...sooooowill have to change the way we both cook I suppose....

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Montreal..
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 11:06:30 am »
Hi Chevvy56, welcome to the forum.  How exciting for you both and you seemed resigned to the fact that you will buy one whereas most people say they are just going along to have a look  :D  Let us know how it all goes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chevvy56

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 11:20:27 am »
Hi Judy,yes it is really not resigned as much as rethinking a new way of cooking or baking....and it is quite interesting actually to read on this forum recipes tricks and ideas...people are really helpfull to each other...

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 11:25:28 am »
Yes you are right there, this is a very friendly, helpful forum - we all love it here.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 11:28:41 am »
Welcome to the forum Chevvy56. It's great to hear that you are going to buy a Thermomix.A great friend to the forum Helene is from Canada and has a wonderful blog Super Kitchen Machine Forum members have been having fun trying the One Minute Thermomix Dutch Oven Bread from her website.Have fun cooking.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Chevvy56

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 11:41:00 am »
 :)Hi to you too...luv that picture...yes I actually spend the last 2 days on her site ,reading searching her recommended sites ,recipes...she is quite knowledgable  and always willing to help,but I can see some limitations with the thermomix...like for instance I,m out of spaghetti sauce and when we do a batche my wife and I ,it usually is 20 to 30 cups of the finished product at a time,I dont see how I can fit all of my world "famous" ingredients into that machine,plus once it has the proper deasoning and taste I usually finish it in the oven for few hours....maybe  I,ll have to do smaller batches...

mcmich

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 11:43:10 am »
Welcome to the forum Chevvy  :D

Offline Chevvy56

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 11:58:11 am »
Hi Mich ,well thank you and I,m just having a good time going into the recipes ans ideas there is on this site...

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 12:02:20 pm »
Welcome Chevvy. I hope you buy a thermomix even if you do have to do your famous sauce in smaller batches. It does some wonderful things.
You will find this forum one of the friendliest around.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 12:35:48 pm »
Hello Chevvy and welcome. Hope you enjoy the demo.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 03:07:11 pm »
Welcome Chevvy.  I cook quite a lot in big batches.  I use the TMX to chop onions and other veggies.  This saves a lot of time.  It is a new way of cooking but doesn't replace your oven. 

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 12:42:26 am »
Hello and welcome Chevvy - looking forward to the news you have made the purchase!!!  :D
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 02:10:53 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum. :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 05:26:51 am »
Hi and welcome to the Forum. I am sure you will enjoy your Thermo mix when you purchase it. Note I said when - not if. It is a different way of cooking and we all still do some recipes the traditional way.. I love making bread and rolls in the TMX would never have considered it the traditional way. Yesterday I whipped up 4 batches of walnut refrigerator biscuits in no time. Sorry don't know how to link but it is under biscuits. Also soup and of course nice fresh bread rolls to go with it.  Good luck
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 06:34:18 am »
Welcome to,the forum.............you will never regret purchasing a TMX if you like cooking.