Author Topic: thermo server where to buy locally (test result)  (Read 54013 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: thermo server where to buy locally (test result)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 11:51:14 am »
Have I missed something? What response are you talking about pumpkin pie?

The Thermoserver would be much better if it had a SS lid, IMO.

Edited to add...I found the original post.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:53:47 am by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 11:53:53 am »
May I suggest the dreampot It is sold from Queensland they come in 3 different sizes 3 ltr,5 ltr and 6 ltr. They are not cheap but work extremely well. I have the 3 ltr and the 6ltr. and i am very happy with them. Basically they are passive cookers. You can take them to the beach on a boat anywhere. They cook whilst you travel or keep cold as well. Look it up on the net you will get all the info. Frans.
Thanks Frans. I had a quick look and couldn't believe it ,the supplier here in the UK is only just up the road from where I live. :o
http://www.ekmpowershop12.com/ekmps/shops/dreampot/contact-us-4-w.asp
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 07:16:04 am »
Pumpkin Pie, what is this Indian Pot you tested? Do you have a link? I am very interested.  :)

Kath, the brand was milton, and I am sure you could buy something similar in any indian grocery shop. Sorry I don't have a link. Good Luck

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 08:01:17 am »

The Thermoserver would be much better if it had a SS lid, IMO.

I agree. I also think the the bowl lid would be better if it were stainless steel as well so it doesn't absorb odours. I think the company's response would be that the lid would get hot and difficult to remove, but I'm sure Vorwerk could design somesort of silicone attachment to the lid to make it user friendly - my Essteele pots and pans have silicone on the handles so they don't feel hot to use.

Bonsai

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 01:51:06 am »
I managed to purchase a similar product in a local indian food shop - plastic outside, stainless steel inside with a lockable lid, which is great if food is being transported - two sizes 850ml and 1500ml and inexpensive.

For those in Perth - shop is "Spicy Touch" in High Rd Willetton near corner of Leach Hwy. I'm sure other stores will have them too.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 04:02:10 am »
That looks great Bonsai how much was it? I am not in Perth I wonder if you can buy these in Sydney? Lockable lid is a great idea

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 07:00:42 am »
That's not too far away. I think I may be paying them a visit.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Bonsai

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 07:07:52 am »
850ml was $18, and 1500ml $25 - haven't had a chance to use them yet as only purchased yesterday. The brand is "Cello".

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 08:30:50 am »
Thanks Bonsai I might google the brand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 05:27:58 am »
Trudy introduced me to an Indian shop in Adelaide a while back so today when I went on a trip with my carers' group to the Central Market, I went to the shop and bought myself a food warmer.  It is the Milton brand like PP bought and although it has 1500 on the bottom, it only holds 1 litre which is what I wanted as I have a Thermoserver for bigger quantities.  I bought it from Indian Spices, 14 Market Street, Adelaide and also stocked up with my spices whilst there.  There is another Indian shop opposite this one so it may be interesting to compare stocks, I only went into this one today.  Price $20 and I love the lockable lid feature.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:32:13 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 08:45:27 am »
Trudy introduced me to an Indian shop in Adelaide a while back so today when I went on a trip with my carers' group to the Central Market, I went to the shop and bought myself a food warmer.  It is the Milton brand like PP bought and although it has 1500 on the bottom, it only holds 1 litre which is what I wanted as I have a Thermoserver for bigger quantities.  I bought it from Indian Spices, 14 Market Street, Adelaide and also stocked up with my spices whilst there.  There is another Indian shop opposite this one so it may be interesting to compare stocks, I only went into this one today.  Price $20 and I love the lockable lid feature.
Have you tested it yet Judy? ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 09:34:06 am »
After half a day out and a big lunch, who feels like cooking.  DH got a hot pack for tea tonight  ;)  Just a handy thing to have in the cupboard and seeing as I was there .......

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 06:27:38 am »
Popped into a new Indian grocer that opened up here, and was pleased to find one!

Not sure if it was expensive at $23.00?.....but I was happy that it had a locked lid feature.  That's one reason I don't like transporting the thermoserve......you never know if the contents are going to be all over the boot! (There's a slight rumour I  turn corners a little sharply  :P).
Perfect for taking hot dips to bbq's.
Bonus was I finally found some orange blossom water.  Been looking for ages, and it was a big bottle for $3......happy days  :D
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 06:54:31 am »
Ohh that looks like a good one.  I prefer the stainless steel ones.  I am going to go hunting.
Medusa, in Oz

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 11:19:21 am »
That is great value maddy - they only had the plastic ones where I went (stainless steel lining).