Author Topic: Arghh melted base of TM bowl  (Read 4209 times)

Offline chocymoose

• View Profile
Arghh melted base of TM bowl
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:14:40 pm »
Help! I stupidly put the plastic base of the TM bowl on a hotplate and it melted and is misshapen so doesn't fit on the TM properly. It still clicks onto the stainless steel bowl but i don't want to risk forcing it. Does anyone know if i can buy a replacement and the cost or if i have to fork out for an entirely new bowl?? 

Thanks in advance

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Arghh melted base of TM bowl
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:26:00 pm »
If you can't contact your consultant chocymoose and a consultant doesn't come on here to answer your question, give this toll free number a ring in the morning and ask HO themselves - 1800 004 838.  I would hope you can buy the base or any other part of the bowl set up separately.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 01:09:41 pm »
Oh dear I am so sorry. Easy to do though but a real bummer. Just follow JD's advice. Be sure to take a pic of it if HO wants to see what the damage is you can then send them an email .

Good luck,and let us know how younger on.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »
Yes, you can buy the base as a spare part.  Just order from your consultant or complete the form requesting service at http://www.thermomix.com.au .  It will cost you about $30 to get a new one.  For some reason bases aren't included in the online store but they are readily available.  The annoying thing will be waiting for it to come by mail if you can't get one locally.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:39:50 pm by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution