Author Topic: Scalding cream in the TMX.  (Read 4293 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Scalding cream in the TMX.
« on: October 30, 2012, 11:19:58 pm »
I want to convert a truffle recipe to use for my Christmas hampers this year. One of the steps in the recipe says "scald the cream". I understand that means heating until just under boiling point. Has anyone done this in the TMX?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Scalding cream in the TMX.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:28:20 pm »
When I made Karen's lemon myrtle ice-cream the other day Amy, rather than scald the cream/leaves before leaving them to infuse, I heated the cream & leaves in the TMX for 4 mins/90.  This will depend on the quantity of cream you are heating but you won't get a rolling boil at this temperature so just keep an eye on it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 12:04:08 am »
FUnny AMy, as I have a similar question. One non TNX recipe for a caramel sliuce says you heat up the condensed milk while stirring until almost reaches boiling point. I am wondering how you do that in thermy. Perhaps I will try 4mins at 90c too? let us know how you go with the conversion, wow truffles!!!!! Lucky hamper recipients!!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:48 am »
Judy, thanks for your advice, I will try it that way :D

GHM, I would try heating the condensed milk for your caramel slice this way too ;) If I get this truffle recipe right in the TMX I will post it ;D