Author Topic: Orange and M&M Muffins  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Orange and M&M Muffins
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:08:39 am »
Orange and M&M Muffins

Makes 12-14 muffins

Ingredients:
Zest of 1/2 an orange
100g M&M's (or chocolate chips)
60g caster sugar
100g reduced-fat table spread
2 eggs
150g SR flour
1/4 cup apple puree
1/3 cup buttermilk

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Grind orange zest on speed 8 until fine. Set aside.
3. Chop M&M's until desired consistency (alternatively, chop them by hand or leave them whole if they are mini). Set aside with orange zest.
4. Place butter and sugar in TM bowl and mix for 1 minute/speed 3. Scrape down bowl and mix again on speed 3 until fluffy and well-combined.
5. With TM running on speed 4, add one egg through hole in lid. Add half the flour, then the other egg, and then the remaining flour. Mix for a further 20 seconds, scrape down bowl, and then mix again on speed 4 until combined.
6. Add remaining ingredients and fold through briefly with spatula before mixing on reverse + speed 3 until just combined.
7. Spoon into muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.

I converted this recipe from the Australian Healthy Food Guide, with only minor changes :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Orange and M&M Muffins
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:04:35 am »
yummy Amy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:28:11 pm »
These look great Amy. Have put on my to do list. Thinking the Xmas m&m's might look good in them.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:50:57 pm »
Thanks Kimmy, and what a great idea!! I'll definitely be trying Christmas M&M's next time ;D ;D