Author Topic: I hate ...  (Read 44074 times)

Offline nazar

• View Profile
Re: I hate ...
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 11:48:28 am »
 thank you cookie
 my husband did it    l think its so cute
l am not shore where he found it
 we have a love of golden  labs  

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 12:40:41 pm »
He must be so tired by now though nazar  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2011, 12:51:41 pm »
ah she just like  a  kid has lots of energy  theres  no stopping her

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 07:31:17 am »
Cuillidh,  I understand your frustration it's such a shame they won't allow business numbers on the register. I think your put off is inventive and quite funny, I just find the leaving them hanging on the line very rude and I feel sorry for people needing to work as a telemarketer for a living - it's such a thankless job and they would so rarely come a cross a caller that is happy to talk to them it must be very depressing. Although I don't feel that bad that I engage with them!!!

I agree - it is a crap job, but I didn't ask them to call me and what this tactic does is get you listed as a time-waster and scrubbed off the lists. After my husband did this 2 or 3 times we had no cold calls for months.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 05:58:11 pm »
When I get calls like that (my phone shows the incoming number or if it is "unknown caller"), I just say hello, hello, hello - is anyone there - hello, hello, and then hang up.  Meanwhile there is someone shouting on the line but I pretend I don't hear them.

After two or three episodes like this, that particular caller never rings back. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline kylie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2011, 06:19:29 am »
Australia Post - we pay to have our mail redirected and they still send it to our old address. Also our parcels were delivered to our old address and when I queried them they said that the mail redirection doesn't include parcels, and pointed out their terms and conditions. I read the T&C's and pointed out right back to them that it clearly states in there that it DOES include parcels! Still.... many went missing.
Vodafone - so frustrating!! The connection is terrible unless you live in a capital city. I spent ages on the phone with them telling me that if I can just wait for 3 months, the signal will improve. Eventually I convinced them to let me out of my contract and went elsewhere - and got $200 credit on my account for bringing a Vodafone account!
Dishes.... we have 7 kids of varying ages but the two teenagers are the worst at hiding dishes away in their bedrooms and it always seems like it's just when I've done a major clean up that more dishes (or washing) appears.
Phew! I'm done!

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 08:16:44 am »
I'm still hating Vodafone too, but they don't seem to care.
I'm a bit hurt, really. I was under the impression that they valued their customers ... :'(
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2011, 08:31:08 am »
Kylie I feel your frustration at Australia Post. I'm busy checking through the diary to see just how many things they have mucked up this year and on Monday I am going to call them and I intend to be very angry. >:( >:( >:(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline kylie

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2011, 12:57:29 pm »
I've actually written to them twice stating that I'd like them to treat my letter as a formal complaint... and have had no response whatsoever!

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2011, 12:00:33 am »
Kylie,
I second the dishes and washing appearing when all done. I hate washing full stop. Never ending and then it creates another hate ironing!
I too paid for redirection of mail that didn't happen and was disappointed that the new owners although having left a note with our new address returned an important business parcel, not too difficult to forward on I wouldn't have thought!
I think too many just don't do that...think!  Treat others as you would like to be treated, that's my motto and would make a nicer place to live I think.
Denise

Offline kylie

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2011, 04:11:36 am »
Oh I second that! I'd certainly make an effort to get the parcel delivered to the rightful owners. Apparently not everyone thinks the same way.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2011, 08:55:32 am »
Kylie I agree with you. I complained to Australia Post just after we moved here, about 6 years ago stating that our mail wasn't being delivered. I heard nothing for ages and when I rang them their reply was 'we wrote to you about it.' They couldn't understand the irony when I replied that I had never received the letter. I kept saying 'this is what I'm complaining about' and they were just hopeless.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Vivaroo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2011, 09:37:39 am »
... dishes & folding laundry. If I ironed I would hate that too.
I'm not too fond of those hideous electronics/whitegoods store ads on TV that yell at you and every day is a sale. I won't shop there because of these ads, who are they aiming at I wonder?   Thank goodness the TMX drowns it out.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2011, 07:05:08 pm »
I was once preparing to post a tube and wanted to check the cost with Aust. Post so gave them a ring and the "very helpful" "customer service" representative just couldn't comprehend that, whilst the tube definitely had a length, I could only give him either the width or the depth but not both as, being round, it only had one (I must admit, I was getting fairly annoyed with him and perhaps I was being just a bit obstructive by this time)!  What made it worse was that it was one of their own postal tubes.  If I can, I always ring the local post office directly now as you generally get more sense out of the counter staff who usually know what they are talking about.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2011, 07:31:02 pm »
I hate it when you can't sleep, turn to the forum for company and quickly run out of new posts to read. Lol
Denise