Author Topic: A few nasty words about the Thermomix.  (Read 28326 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A few nasty words about the Thermomix.
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2011, 09:50:56 am »
Mrs Woog, it would be interesting to see how many of the people who made comments on your blog have now investigated the Thermomix more fully.  You never know, you may have helped the sales of the machine  ;) ;)   It was just the language which turned me off and I suspect, many others.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline penji01

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2011, 06:04:50 am »
I am so glad the people on this forum know how to behave, I was quite taken aback by some of the comments, very crass!

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2011, 08:12:58 am »
 l had a lots of people telling me not to buy a thermomix 
telling me its too much money for a kitchen appliance
that its not worth it and l should spend my money else where
one ladie even owned one her self
it was a very negative experience for me
 but l just thought oh well you dont know me or my family life
so when l got a thermie which we all love l was very careful who l told
 and still are that way

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2011, 08:19:35 am »
thats so sad...i dont kow why people take it upon themselves to be so negative about something that has nothign to do with them...best thing i have ever bought..even DH has been very impressed as most things I buy I use alot at the beginning and then not so much later on except for thermie...still gets a workout pretty much every day..some days more than tohers but gets a workout in anycase  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2011, 11:23:58 am »
my friend's MIL was so anti tm when she first saw it, but now, down the track, she's getting one. she loves cooking and has every gadget imaginable, and that was why she didn't want a tm. however, she was borrowing my friend's tm all the time and realised she wanted one, too - it obviously did more than the gadgets she had in her kitchen. these things happen, and sometimes, people have to eat their words. i'm glad she's getting a tm - she'll love it.

Offline kylie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2011, 06:40:42 am »
I will admit that I don't often tell people how much it cost. So many have made a judgement about us because of it, which is (like most judgements) made without all the information. We have 7 kids and little time and absolutely love the quality of the food we make. We saved to buy it and sacrificed other things to let the money go towards it. And... I cook so many things that I would never have attempted before because of the time and effort involved.
A friend of mine has just bought one - awaiting delivery - and before my recent demo (where I did buy the second bowl!) I asked DH whether he thought we got our money worth out of it. He agreed without hesitating. I couldn't justify promoting it to a friend and suggesting she spend that much money if I didn't feel it was so well worth it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 08:35:03 am »
I agree Kylie. I would buy another tomorrow if I had too. With some of my friends now I just don't mention it as they really don't see the $$$$$ worth in it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2011, 08:51:01 am »
Just wasted the last while reading these comments, whoa what a sad lot. I can understand being dismissive of it as it is expensive (though more so over your neck of the woods) but to be rude about it or the type of people they assume uses it without at least having been to a demo / used it isn't on.

The old, worn out stuff of mine would never make such a snobby, slutty appliance welcome.

Certainly not snobby and slutty? Dear me.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 09:03:13 am »
hahaha some peoples reaction always surprises me...what anger

indeed dear me rob!  :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2011, 09:19:44 am »
Haha.....let them stand there, chopping tediously, and stiring their pots for ages, whilst mumbling how a Thermomix  is such a waste of money..........
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 09:26:19 am »
ooo i like that smiley maddy  ;)

mcmich

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2011, 07:21:50 am »
I think the Blog itself was funny.
Some of the reply comments were a bit crass but it's a blog.
 If you find it offensive you don't have to read it.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2011, 04:39:42 pm »
and this is a forum and we are free to read and make comment about whatever we wish within obvious reason as are you ..the day comments arent allowed to be made is the day blogs shouldnt exist!

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2011, 08:03:41 pm »
I have just read the blog and did find it funny, but as others have already said I thought some of the comments were pretty awful.  Yes, it IS expensive, but worth every penny.  We had to struggle to save up for the 50% deposit and pay off the rest over 6 months (you can pay over a longer period, but that is done through a finance company which = paying interest) but we are so delighted with it. 

DD is doing her A' levels on the south coast and is living in shared student housing where you have to do your own cooking and basically she is living on junk.  She doesn't want to but doesn't seem to have the time to cook stuff from scratch because she is always cleaning up after the other students.  When I first told her that we had bought a TMX she was horrified at the price and told her father (my ex-husband) that I had wasted nearly £900 on a blender.  When she came home for half-term, she realised that it was more than an expensive blender.  Very surprisingly she told me last week that she wished she had a TMX as she is fed up with junk (which must be costing her, in other words me) a fortune.  I have since spoken to her father who is far better off than I am, (yet doesn't pay a penny towards her upkeep) and I suggested that he got her a TMX so that she can eat healthily.  Much to my complete shock, he said he would consider it :o  She is going to her father's for Christmas and between us we will work on him  ;D  Even DH is impressed with the TMX, even though he is too frightened to use it - but I have a 'training' plan in mind for him  ;)

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

mcmich

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2011, 06:20:46 am »
I think it's all about what our passions and priorities are.
Someone into photography may well spend $2,000 on a camera or a wood work fanatic on a lathe.
My passion has always been cooking and the thermomix is my investment in my family's' health.