Author Topic: Banana Bread - New EDC page 142  (Read 9704 times)

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
Re: Banana Bread - New EDC page 142
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 07:22:20 am »
If I wanted to add chopped walnuts to the banana cake mix should I just add them at the end? Should I mix them through using the reverse setting?

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 10:08:14 pm »
Choco, firstly can I ask if you are from the Taste forum?  Sorry if not, just thought I'd ask  ;D

I'd just add the nuts for the last 10 secs when adding the rest of ingredients, I don't think they would be chopped up too much more.  Give it a try and find if that works okay so you'll know the next time.  :)

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 10:45:18 pm »
Yes, you do know me from Taste Julie. I remember your fantastic food photos and have always appreciated the help that you have given me over the years.   :D

I really need to use my Thermomix more often. It is too easy to be tempted to use my KA for baking, but I can see the point for using the TMX in a banana bread recipe. Thanks for your advice.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 12:19:42 am »
It's great to hear it's you Choco!    :D

Also good to hear that you got a TM too.  You may not use it for everything but it does do certain things so well. 

I don't do much baking these days and I still like to use my KA on occasion otherwise it wouldn't get used.  The TM does handle some cake batters really well though.

Say Hi to everyone on the Taste forum for me, haven't been over there for some time.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 06:06:05 am »
I used to look at the Taste forum occasionally but it all seems to have changed. I'm not sure I like it as it is now.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 06:41:12 am »
I wrote a long post in reply but seem to have lost it. I will say hello from you Julie. The Taste forums closed several months ago but the regulars still keep in touch on another forum.

This is the condensed review of the Banana bread. Everyone in the extended family loved it. DH and FSIL said it was the best banana bread they have ever eaten. Next time I will reduce the sugar slightly and possibly the milk. My mixture seemed a bit wet, but maybe the bananas I used were larger than normal. I will also reduce the oven temperature slightly, but only because I am being pedantic. With a dusting of icing sugar no one else noticed that the banana bread was a bit too brown.

Will definitely make again! It was way too easy to make! :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 07:12:23 am »
Thanks for the review Chocolatte, also the information about the Taste forum. Sad I used to enjoy being on there. (birdsam)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 07:16:59 am »
Yes thanks Choco.  I didn't know about the forum either.  Glad that the regulars can still keep in touch, some of them have been 'friends' for a long time. 

I agree about the banana bread, it's the only one I make now and it's so easy.  :)