Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6180737 times)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #16005 on: September 22, 2014, 07:00:36 am »
Cookie, thanks for the great photos and those quilts are beautiful.  Really love the cream one.  Wish I had had a ticket for that one.  Very special.  Hope you have had a great time. 

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #16006 on: September 22, 2014, 09:47:31 am »
I love the photos Cookie; thanks for showing us. I love doing patchwork and machine embroidery so it was good to see the wonderful work others do. Hope you win.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #16007 on: September 22, 2014, 10:16:34 am »
Hi Troupie, I used to do a lot of machine embroidery when the GK's were small, what sort of machine do you have?

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #16008 on: September 22, 2014, 11:48:33 am »
Loving the photos cookie. The quilts are amazing.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #16009 on: September 23, 2014, 12:56:58 am »
Lovely quilts indeed. I have a large stash of fabric and quilting books that haven 't been touched in a few years. Hopefully I will get back to it one day, maybe when GK's are older and at school. I don't seem to get chunks of uninterrupted time anymore, but that's ok.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #16010 on: September 23, 2014, 05:00:13 am »
I've been out in the garage having a bit of a clean up, I have boxes and boxes of pieces of material, went through them and have managed to cull two box's worth, I'm such a hoarder, well not as bad as I see on TV, :o.  I hate to throw out anything that MAY be useful. 

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16011 on: September 23, 2014, 05:10:00 am »
 ;D ;D ;D  AB . . you and I are out of the same mould! . . .but getting rid of a lot of stuff through charities, freecycle, ebay/gumtree and friends . . . ;D

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #16012 on: September 23, 2014, 12:26:56 pm »
Hi Aussie Brenda, I have a Pfaff machine (not the big one) and it does all I want.

Offline Sueperbabe

• View Profile
« Reply #16013 on: September 23, 2014, 12:43:34 pm »
Love the quilts too. I am making a quilt with 20 chickens on it, lots of hand blanket stitch to do! P &C meeting at school, normal cleaning and washing, walk the the dog along the beach, watched eldest son in his dance group and at last tea. Now thinking of getting ready for bed with a good book. :D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #16014 on: September 23, 2014, 02:37:52 pm »
Drove to Northam yesterday and spent the night in the Shamrock. It is a beautiful old hotel that is starting to show signs of neglect. Spent today presenting a workshop there and then drove home to cook dinner for DW and a house guest. After dinner DW says "oh I think I'm supposed to take morning tea to work tomorrow".

So I made an Angel  Food Cake to use up a dozen eggs.  Now I'm ready for bed.

Love the quilts Cookie. How did the Model A weekend go?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16015 on: September 23, 2014, 02:55:33 pm »
DD it is almost a full week of Model A festivities. We are on the third day at the moment and I am exhausted. Not used to these 12-14 hour working days. I like my little sleep in till 7 am at least. I am enjoying being on the committee though and keeping things going behind the scenes as everyone enjoys themselves.
Troupie I bought another piece of patchwork today. DH and I were duty officers today and he has just driven into Busselton to pick up the last person out on the town, all part of the service.
Tomorrow I hope to manage some photos as all the old cars are heading to Dardanup.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16016 on: September 23, 2014, 09:27:21 pm »
 Cookie it is so worth all the hard work. Really wonderful to be part of such a historic even that people will remember for many years and will become a legend in the  Model A world. Is someone filming the whole thing?

Den o Den I so desire a hunk of angle food cake. Something  I have not tasted in over  50 years!! What a treat for DW's colleagues.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16017 on: September 23, 2014, 09:42:37 pm »
 Den you are the best.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #16018 on: September 24, 2014, 10:09:02 am »
Cookie thanks for sharing the photos; I just love to see any patchwork. Aussie Brenda I could never throw any fabric away and always manage to turn it into something useful but must admit it is taking over the house a bit and I will have to start being ruthless; at the moment I am making Santa Sacks for a worthwhile cause in the northern suburbs.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #16019 on: September 24, 2014, 01:59:37 pm »
DD your wife reminds me of when the kids were in primary school in the evening they would spring up and say "oh mum, and tomorrow we have a dress up day!"
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand