Author Topic: Recipe review My Way Of Cooking Whisky cream liqueur  (Read 3964 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Recipe review My Way Of Cooking Whisky cream liqueur
« on: March 12, 2010, 10:18:09 am »
Made this exactly to recipe.   We found it a bit sweet,  and the balance of ingredients not quite right.    Perhaps more chocolate,  a little less sugar (20g) and a little less cream, (50g).   We had it over ice blocks,  and was better as the ice diluted the mix.  Probably will not make it again,  as other options better.  2 1/2 out of 5
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:23:02 am by achookwoman »

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Recipe review My Way Of Cooking Whisky cream liqueur
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:41:49 pm »
Thx Chookie  :-* :-* :-*  What do you think of the book in general (or maybe you've answered that elsewhere?)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 05:37:23 pm »
Do you have an 'other options' recipe? I have one, but I find it way to sweet. A whole can of condensed milk, chocolate topping, etc.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 12:49:12 am »
Did the taste test with visitors.  Similar conclusion,  too sweet,   also thought that the Whisky was too strong,  and suggested Brandy.