Author Topic: EDC Torte Caprese  (Read 32800 times)

Offline Sundari

• View Profile
Re: EDC Torte Caprese
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 12:58:34 am »
I've made the torte caprese numerous times. usually as per recipe however usually without the liquer
I have made it with milk choc and white choc also and a mix of almond and macadamias.
I've also put it in cupcakes both white and dark choc and it freezes well.
Yummo one of our favourites definately 5 stars
Birth Worker
Mum to one DD 6yrs
Thermomix Consultant

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 01:27:41 am »
OK - what is a Wagin Woolarama ? - a sheep expo ?

How'd you guess? :D Yes, Wagin is a town near me and each year they hold a big sheep expo over two days. As well as sheep there's cattle and also a rodeo. They have three large indoor sites with various stalls, a markets area and a cooking/sewing/craft and art show, and, of course, Side Show Alley.

I would have had a stall with my products, but having just had my legs treated for veins, plus my DD being unable to help me on both days, I bowed out this year.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 05:34:37 am »
Thx - thought as much.  We have Woolexpo ? out west.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 01:39:18 pm »
After seeing this amazing cake on Jo's blog decided to make it for my DH's birthday.(His birthday today)I used my own fudge icing for the topping.It's delicious. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 07:36:38 pm »
i've made this a few times over the past month or two and haven't had any success with it yet. it tastes divine and is totally edible, but explodes out fo the (quite large) tin and tends to burn around the edges and looks terrible every time.

i guess i'll try the bicarb / baking powder sub and see if that helps
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 08:36:54 pm »
i've made this a few times over the past month or two and haven't had any success with it yet. it tastes divine and is totally edible, but explodes out fo the (quite large) tin and tends to burn around the edges and looks terrible every time.

i guess i'll try the bicarb / baking powder sub and see if that helps
JD very kindly sent me the recipe and I didn't read the size of the tin properly and cooked it in a 20cm one.The tin has quite high sides and I cooked it on the middle shelf of my oven, the only drawback was that it took an extra 30 minutes.The top cracked, but it didn't burn. Maybe I had beginners luck. :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 11:11:59 pm »
The favourite of our team at the moment (one of our consultants have perfected this and does it for cooking class :)) is white chocolate and macadamia (where is that drooling icon again!!) You need to reduce the oil a little as there is much more in the macadamia's than the almonds  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 01:31:00 am »
We love this one for special occasions and I find the recipe in the book always works for me - but the original one (in the TM21 book) was different and I always had trouble with that one - it used to over flow the sides every time, then flop in the middle!!  Still tasted great, but looked awful.  (It had more butter, and I think the amount of baking powder was less, but I can't remember - sold my TM21 and don't have the books anymore.)  So I got into the habit of covering it with berries and chocolate or berry nougat to hide the collapsed middle!  So I'm really happy with the latest version of the recipe - it doesn't collapse in the middle, and now my Torte Caprese looks like this:

Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 02:25:39 am »
 :o lip schmacking good!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 03:56:48 am »
Jo that is really awesome.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 08:54:28 pm »
Jo,  this looks absolutely delicious.   This is my fav. chocolate cake at the moment.   I use lindt chocolate  and double the toppling recipe. 

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 10:38:54 pm »
Jo when the forum was down, I visited your blog and hence came upon your wonderful creation - as we were having guests the following evening, I made the torte caprese with your suggestion of berry nougat - in fact I am making another for tonight. Thank you so much.  Cheers - Robyn  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 10:46:08 pm »
Ditto "when the forum was down I visited Jo's bog" ... but unlike Robyn i didn't make the creation - I just drooled over my keyboard until my heart started beating again, sigh.  Hint: refer to my user name for my relationship to chocolate  ;D
Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 11:03:36 pm »
Ha ha!  But you do know that TimTams don't contain real chocolate, don't you!?!  (Very sad)  ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 12:22:03 am »
I know just lots of nasty numbers  >:(.  But when you bite the ends off and sip your cup of tea through them they are delish  ;D
Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |