Author Topic: Recipe Review - Turmeric Lamb - Devil of a Cookbook - P85  (Read 4172 times)

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
Recipe Review - Turmeric Lamb - Devil of a Cookbook - P85
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:52:54 am »
Hi all,

Made this for dinner the other night and thought I would give it a quick review.

I used lamb backstrap and halved the recipe as well so I reduced the last two cooking times by around 20%.

I also served it with basmati rice rather than jasmine.

Firstly can I say that this recipe smells absolutely divine whilst cooking...it is a real mouth waterer.

Unfortunately opinion was divided on the finished result.  Even when halved, this is a spicy one.  Personally, I loved it and was able to eat it as is.  Hubby managed to get through his by mixing through some yoghurt but even then struggled.  Miss 4 had lots of yoghurt added to hers too but wouldn't touch it after a couple of mouthfuls.

I won't give it a mark because my family's opinion isn't reflective of the recipe itself.  If you like spicy dishes then it's a great one but if you don't then steer clear.  Unfortunately I won't be making this one for the family's dinner again :(

Offline Loveyourwork

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Turmeric Lamb - Devil of a Cookbook - P85
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 05:56:01 am »
Made this during the week, and LOVED it! Beautiful flavours. I only had 600g of diced lamb so padded it out with chopped pumpkin and zucchini. More lamb would be better as there is alot of sauce. We served it with quinoa which worked really well.

Tasted even better the next day on toast. Will definately make again.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 02:30:08 am »
I had all the ingredients in the house for this one so did half quantity, cut the spices down to suit my taste which meant leaving out the cayenne pepper altogether and only using a small piece of deseeded red chilli.  To make it a complete meal I added potatoes, carrots, zucchini and trombone to the bowl which basically turned it into a stew.  Very tasty, just right for me.  Would be nice as a filling for pies.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 07:41:04 am »
Made some pies with the leftovers, delicious.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.