Author Topic: Recipe Review - Tiramisu - EDC P151  (Read 5301 times)

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
Recipe Review - Tiramisu - EDC P151
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:14:47 am »
Hi all,

Thought I would review this dish seeing as I gave it a go on the weekend and no-one else has done it!

I cheated and used supermarket mascarpone and it was fine.  The recipe also said to use dry sponge biscuits so I went with Unibic Savoiardi Biscuits as I have always used them for Tiramisu before.

Just a couple of tips - I used the smallest rectangular sized dish that I had and I still needed quite a few more than 180g biscuits so I'd recommend making sure that you have enough to cover the dish twice (there are two layers) before you start.  

The recipe recommends chilling for at least three hours.  I did mine for three and a half and it was fine but it did taste better the next day once all of the cream and liquor had properly soaked into the biscuits.

Also don't be put off by the smell of the Amaretto.  It is very strong when the mascarpone mixture comes out of the TM but it does settle down once it is chilled and soaks into everything else.

In general this was a really nice dessert and you will probably get around 8 or 9 serves from it. I'd definitely make it again although it wasn't popular with Miss 4 who found it a bit strong.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:21:26 am by asha_76 »

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Tiramisu - EDC P151
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:43:00 pm »
Thanks for such an informative review asha! (especially for the tips about more biscuits and leaving it overnight.

I'll have to try this when I've got some visitors to share it with! (otherwise I'll eat it all myself!)  ;)

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:25:30 pm »
Thanks for the review.  You've given some good advice and tips
I do the best I can

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:32:13 am »
As I only have half the amount of marscapone I am going to try halving the recipe I hope to get 5 small individual glasses out of it, has anyone tried halving it?  Was going to buy another tub of marscapone but not on special this week and quite expensive.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:35:03 am »
No but I can't see a problem with halving it GHM.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 10:10:58 am »
I made half quantity of this recipe but used the recipe from the new EDC.  The sponge finger biscuits have been increased to 250g in there but everything else is the same with the addition of 25g dark chocolate grated for the top.  I'll put my review in the other thread. http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=15450.0
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:24:36 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.