Author Topic: Hi!!!  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Odettelovestobake

• View Profile
Hi!!!
« on: December 21, 2012, 11:25:00 am »
Hi Everyone,

I got my Thermie on Sunday and he's been working hard every spare minute I've had since then...

I'm mum to two boys - almost 4 and 7 months. I live in Townsville, Qld and I love cooking (especially baking - cakes and sweets are my favourite). I had a demo almost 12 months ago and decided the TM was a luxury I could do without, since I already did the majority of my cooking from scratch. However, I kept thinking about it all year long every time I had to stir and cook something for more than a few minutes... I did a lot of research into which type of Thermal machine to buy. The end the TM won due to the reverse feature and inbuilt scales, also the after sale support you get through the consultant. I am overwhelmed and very excited about this forum. I can sense many hours will be spent late at night on here...

So far I've made sorbets, fudges, pizza dough, risotto, lasagne, gingerbread, traditional ice cream and used the TM for all my shredding/crushing of all the Christmas baking. I just found the condensed milk recipe this afternoon - wrote it down for next time since I need to exhaust all my pantry supplies!

I'm enjoying getting to know my "new lover" as I like to call him. I'm buzzing with a list a mile long of what I want to try next. So far so good, and very excited about the new and endless possibilities I have.

Just need to find somewhere to buy my grains at a good price. Oh and need to get my herb/veggie patch re-established :)

Looking forward to learning and sharing with you all!

Odette

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 11:30:51 am »
Hi Odette, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have been very busy with all your cooking. I have had my TM for almost 2 years and still love it as much today as when I first got it.
Hope to see you on here often. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 11:32:17 am »
Wow Odette, you have been very busy! Welcome to the forum :D
If you have some favourite recipes that you have converted, please post them ;D

Offline VieveMS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 11:33:52 am »
Welcome Odette.  I've only had my Thermie for about 2 1/2 months but i think I've done more cooking in that time than I have in the past 2 years.  Sounds like you are already loving your new toy.  Enjoy and do share any recipes you have converted.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 11:39:11 am »
Hello Odette and welcome. Wow you have been busy.  It still amazes me the number of things I can achieve with the tm in one day. Not sure how I survived before.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 11:41:03 am »
Hello Odette, another happy customer - that's what we like to read.  You will wonder why you waited so long to get your machine as you put him to good use.  Join in the fun, let us know what you are cooking, post some reviews and please do share your converted recipes with us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Odettelovestobake

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 11:41:45 am »
Thanks everyone, I've just been so excited and it's that time of year as well, so always someone to give food to. If only sleep wasn't necessary!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 11:48:21 am »
Welcome to the forum Odette.You certainly have got your TM at the right time to help you with Christmas cooking.Have lots of fun :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline WenV

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 01:12:24 pm »
Welcome, Odette!!

I have also just purchased a TM myself and your reasons for buying are exactly the same as mine!  You have been busy and I can see from your post that you're a seasoned cook (unlike myself), and have put your Thermie through its paces already. Well done!

Look forward to more of your posts.

Cheers,
WenV

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 06:43:57 pm »
Hi Odette,
I've also only had my machine a few weeks, and can't even list all the things it's been making for me.  A perfect time to get it as I have catered our work xmas party, plus made xmas goodies as gifts.

It's just wonderful, and I think one of the nicest things is that it's brought back my love of cooking - I have a young family too (3 & 5 and a half), and cooking for them every day had become a bit of a chore, but now it's fun and exciting!

Welcome to the forum. This place has also been a big unexpected benefit of cooking with the tmx!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 10:31:34 pm »
Welcome Odette, you have I braced the Thermomix with gusto, it is indeed a wonderful machine .

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 03:11:31 am »
Welcome to the forum Odette.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 12:54:20 am »
Hello and Welcome Odette.  :D
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 09:31:08 am »
Hello and welcome Odette. I also love to bake and the thermomix has been wonderful.  You sound as though you are really enjoying it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 08:27:43 pm »
Hi and welcome Odette
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url