Author Topic: Found TM21 in San Francisco !  (Read 9280 times)

Offline mysterysusan

• View Profile
Found TM21 in San Francisco !
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:28:33 pm »
Hello and greetings thermomixer users
 new to forum, so hope I am in the right place (introduce yourself). I dont have a thermomix yet, but, I am on vacation at my sisters in SanFrancisco, who by the way has never heard of thermomix. Neither have any of her friends. Cant believe you cant get thermomix so easily here, you can buy just about anything else ! Even though I dont have one yet, I have been raving about it since I got here. Cut a long story short my sister found a TM21, this is an absolute treasure to find a thermomix in the US, a few bits missing and no manual or instructions or cookbook  :(  But found a service place in Florida and managed to get the missing bits, and manual, so coming in the mail this week. Hope to put it all together before going home at the end of the week.
So here we are, in sunny San Francisco, no instructions or basic guidelines, cooking up a storm. From my very limited knowledge at seeing the TM31 in action at home (Perth WA), we have managed to make the sorbet, make different types of custards, vanilla almond and chocolate, make a basic vegie stock paste, as well as grind, chop and mill. Made the chicken kiev patties as well, they were a big hit at my sisters work. Have just made up claytons vanilla slices, you know the ones with biscuits instead of pastry, thick custard made in thermomix and passionfruit icing. My sister is amazed at the versality of the machine, and it has made me want one even more ! If the TM21 is this good, can only imagine what the next model is going to be like.
Really appreciate the quality of the recipes on this forum, the information provided and the fact that this site is even here. It will be invaluable to my sister, a lone thermomixer it seems, in San Fran. It has helped us get the hang of the machine quite quickly, or mayber it is user friendly anyway ? Wonder if anyone has thought about distributing them in the US ? I believe there is availability in Canada. Thats all the news for now

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Found TM21 in San Francisco !
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 08:22:59 am »
Welcome mysterysusan. You have done well with your limited knowledge and the TM21. I have only seen them at head office but never used one. The TM31 looks much better and I think is even easier to use.
This part of the forum may help you if you haven't already seen it.
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=109.0
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:24:54 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:56:41 am »
Also look here on the UK Thermomix site as they have books for the TM21. This is the Australian website if you wanted to order the latest TM31 book to convert recipes.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 09:06:09 am »
Hi mysterysusan, nice to hear the forum has been so useful for you and your sister.  Sounds like you have been having fun and cooking up a storm - well done, without instructions or recipe book you have done well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 02:23:05 pm »
Welcome to the forum mysterysusan.What a find for your sister and it sounds that you have had oodles of fun together cooking.The TM31 is great, I hope you get to see one in action when you get back home.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Thermo Jo (aka Jodi)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 04:38:53 pm »
Hi Mysterysusan,
How exciting for you and your sister to be able to track down a TM21.  I don't think there is a difference in the way they function to the TM31.  The recipes should be treated the same. (correct me someone if I'm wrong! I did a bit of research before I bought my TM31)
Have you contacted Thermomix Australia?  They can probably put you onto someone in the US. Perhaps your sister could become a distributor???? Nothing is impossible! If you're are as passionate about it as you seem, the rest will just fall into place.
I'm in Perth too. Where abouts are you from? We can swap recipes and tips when you get home.
PM me if I can help you with any further info.
Good luck!
Jodi
 :D
Demonstrator in training!
Converted for life!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 06:56:29 pm »
As recently as July Vorwerk still has no plans to distribute the Thermomix in the US.  But people in the US can buy from the Canadian distributor from whom I purchased my TM31.  (Easycooking/Fantan.

I'm not familiar with the TM 21 but I thought that it does not have the reverse function.   I've found that very helpful.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 01:06:55 am »
Jodie you are right the TM21 doesn't have the reverse function. You use the butterfly instead along with the rest of the instructions.  You also in general drop a speed for the TM21 (if you are using TM31 recipes) as it is more powerful than the TM31 :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 02:29:25 am »
Gosh, it must be powerful then. I could make mush so much easier. :P
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 03:52:15 am »
ROFL  :D :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 04:30:19 am »
Hi and welcome. Congrats on your find, sounds like you and your sister are doing great even without instructions etc! So are you going to get a TMX when you get back?

LOL cookie!

Offline mysterysusan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 04:40:31 pm »
UPDATE ....
I have been back from holidays 3 weeks now, and my sister is still raving about her TM21, just imagine the business opportunities available in the US should they ever be distributed again. All her friends want her thermomix when she leaves ......
I had pretty much made up my mind I needed to have my own machine, just so impressed with TM21, couldnt wait to have a TM31. So the first few days I was home decided to buy my own thermomix, and, then best of all decided to be a consultant. Still learning about the machine and what it can do, now trying to get my head around demonstrating and the right procedures to follow. Looking forward to the challenges ahead. Havent used the varoma yet, so many things to look forward to !
And small world, actually met Jodi 72 who replied to my first post, at Thermomix training !! good luck Jodi
And Happy cooking everyone, it is just so amazing.
cheerio
mysterysusan

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 05:56:38 pm »
Congratulations on your purchase of the TM31 mysterysusan and I hope the consultant training goes well.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 10:59:59 pm »
You'll be able to tell us the operating differences between the TM21 and 31.

Sounds like you're in for an exciting time training!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 11:05:52 pm »
Will be great to hear what you think of the difference between the 2 machines mysterysusan.  It's always nice to have the latest model of anything.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.