Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5206994 times)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #3240 on: June 04, 2012, 02:04:33 am »
Good one Amy :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: June 04, 2012, 02:27:43 am »
Amy it looks lovely..
Skin on, Yum ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: June 04, 2012, 03:46:07 am »
Yum Amy (definately skin on here too!!)  :D

Dinner tonight, leftovers: roast pork in gravy, roast potatos and pumpkin, spinach herb bread, steamed greens, curried corn and carrot dish, with sticky date muffins, butterscotch sauce and ice cream for dessert.  :D
:D

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: June 04, 2012, 03:48:18 am »
Dinner tonight will be Honey & Mustard Chicken with Smashed Potatoes and steamed vegs.  Haven't decided on dessert yet.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: June 04, 2012, 05:13:24 am »
Dessert is leftover Apple Tea Cake topped with Butterscotch sauce.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: June 04, 2012, 05:54:46 am »
Thank you for all your lovely comments about Mr Chicken. The hard work is all down to him and his fatty skin that makes him look so succulent and delicious :D

Dinner tonight, leftovers: roast pork in gravy, roast potatos and pumpkin, spinach herb bread, steamed greens, curried corn and carrot dish, with sticky date muffins, butterscotch sauce and ice cream for dessert.  :D

Oh YUM astarra :) I love roast pork even more than I love roast chicken.... ;)

jakodai

« Reply #3246 on: June 04, 2012, 08:01:45 am »
Apparently the chicken skin isn't that bad - it's the fact that as the chicken cooks and fat comes out of the chicken, the skin catches it and absorbs it. I can't remember where I read that, though.

I personally can't stand the thought that it's the chicken's skin. It makes me feel gross to eat it. Apparently eating the chicken's meat is OK, but mentally I draw the line at it's skin... Work that out! Lol

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: June 04, 2012, 08:27:16 am »
 skin on l love it especially with some spices and love the crunchy wings
its hard walking pass the hot chooks at coles
 the smell gets me in  everytime  but being on the $100 challenge  l am being good

your looks so yummy amy

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3248 on: June 04, 2012, 08:35:06 am »
Was having roast beef tonight but we have been invited out for a friends birthday so will save the roast till tomorrow night.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

• View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: June 04, 2012, 08:36:12 am »
Apparently the chicken skin isn't that bad - it's the fact that as the chicken cooks and fat comes out of the chicken, the skin catches it and absorbs it. I can't remember where I read that, though.

That sounds very logical Amanda ;) Skin is sort of like a sponge in that sense, even chicken skin. Oils, moisturiser, sun screen... it all gets absorbed. Not that a chicken would wear sun screen, but I'm just saying that there's no reason why that principle of absorbtion can't work from the inside out when you cook a chicken :D

skin on l love it especially with some spices and love the crunchy wings
its hard walking pass the hot chooks at coles
 the smell gets me in  everytime  but being on the $100 challenge  l am being good

your looks so yummy amy

Thanks nazar :D
You're so right about the smell! ;D Would anyone say I was crazy if I admit that my favourite thing about a roast is actually the delicious smell that fills the entire house? :-))

jakodai

« Reply #3250 on: June 04, 2012, 08:53:34 am »
Not that a chicken would wear sun screen

I have the funniest mental image right now... Lol

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: June 04, 2012, 09:11:06 am »
I usually do beer ass chicken on the BBQ so all the fat runs down leaving A nice crispy fat less skin.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

• View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: June 04, 2012, 09:13:49 am »

Lol me too now that I'm actually thinking about it.... :D :D

I usually do beer ass chicken on the BBQ so all the fat runs down leaving A nice crispy fat less skin.

Gert

Where do you get a beer ass chicken Gert? ???

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: June 04, 2012, 09:27:17 am »

Lol me too now that I'm actually thinking about it.... :D :D

Gert

Where do you get a beer ass chicken Gert? ???

Unfortunately I have deleted the photo but itis here somewhere.

Beer Assed Chicken

Take a can of beer , open it, drink half.  Put some herbs in can. Wash and dry chicken shove the beer can up it's bum. Place on a tray or something that will collect  the liquid . Put the whole thing on the BBQ . use indirect heat ie: not over a burner but leave one burner  on  so heat circulates around bird. Close lid. Turn chook   45 degrees every  15minutes until done in about I hour. You can do multiple cooks in a baking dish. Never fail. Looks impressive no need to baste but if you want to you can. Fat plump moist  chicken.

OR you can google it.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

• View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: June 04, 2012, 09:33:25 am »
Beer Assed Chicken

Take a can of beer , open it, drink half.  Put some herbs in can. Wash and dry chicken shove the beer can up it's bum. Place on a tray or something that will collect  the liquid . Put the whole thing on the BBQ . use indirect heat ie: not over a burner but leave one burner  on  so heat circulates around bird. Close lid. Turn chook   45 degrees every  15minutes until done in about I hour. You can do multiple cooks in a baking dish. Never fail. Looks impressive no need to baste but if you want to you can. Fat plump moist  chicken.

OR you can google it.

Gert

Did you write that? It sounds like the kind of thing a bloke would write... :-))