Author Topic: Hello from Spain  (Read 4309 times)

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
Hello from Spain
« on: July 22, 2010, 06:43:24 pm »
Hi all, i just entered this forum when i had a problem with my TM31 last week. Now i got new blades and its running good again.

Im 35 years old and own a restaurant with my wife.
I have been cooking proffesionally for 10 years now and my restaurant for 3 years.

The kitchen was equipped when i bought the restaurant so it came with the TM31. First 2 years i only used it as a blender as id never seen it before and didnt really knew the posibilites of it. I discovered the thermomix when i hurt my back and had to hire a new chef for a coupple of weeks who knew how to use the themomix so she introduced me to it. And what a thrill :)

I have been using it now for 2 years and it saves me so much time that i pratically can run the kitchen alone.

Looking forward to read and test out some of the delicious recipes that are postet in the forum.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Spain
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 02:05:38 am »
Hi bluesed, so pleased to hear your machine is up and running again.  Welcome to the forum. What a lucky break you had when you hired that chef - no stopping you now.  I read in another thread where your speed numbers are no longer visible - the machine must have had so much use over the years for that to happen.  Can't believe the previous owners did not take the machine with them - maybe they had another one at home.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 02:18:16 am »
Hi bluesed, sorry about your back but how wonderful to find the right chef to help you fall in love with your Thermomix.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 02:20:33 am »
Welcome bluesed.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 02:27:10 am »
Welcome to the forum bluesed. I'm glad to hear your machine is working well again. I can imagine it must have been hard running a restaurant without it.
What sort of things do you use it for?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 08:05:16 am »

I'd love to hear more about your restaurant and the things that you cook!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 02:55:12 pm »
Well my kitchen is pretty well equipped so i dont use it for everything. I have a kenwood major classic which i think is better to make dough for bread then the TM.

I have a vegetarian menu and a daily menu and a carta.

Lots of my dishes are without gluten for the celliacos and some without lactosa. Which mean i use soja milk and lots of different flours without gluten like, chickpeas flour, potato flour,rice flour, soja flour.

The TM i use to make some of the flours and also i use it to make dough for quiches/pies and pasta.

Besides that i use it to cut llots of vegetables, nuts, garlic, fresh herbs, spices.

I make crema inglese, crema catalan, croquettas, avocado cream, falaffels, mousse de chocolat, sauce hollandaise, sauce bernaisse, mayonaisse, dressings, garlic/parsille/yogurt dip/, smoothies, gazpacho, mojitos, profiteroles.

During a normal weekday i use the TM 10-15 times and let me just point out that im happy that i have a proffesional dishwasher :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 05:12:10 am »
Hola. Great to have you on board.  Are you involved with any of the Spanish forums?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.