Author Topic: Disappointed with Festive Cooking Class  (Read 27767 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed with Festive Cooking Class
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2010, 01:19:55 am »
Hi Penji, welcome to the forum with your first posting.  Like you, I also love my thermosaver and we mostly all agree with H.O. methods of selling items like this.  If you could just buy things outright they would sell heaps of them but having to hold another demo just to get one puts a lot of people off.  Maybe a consultant can tell us if things have changed in this regard or are likely to change in the future.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2010, 02:16:33 pm »
The sales method is discriminatory to people who don't live near major urban areas or don't have a consultant close by.

My consultant has to do a seven hour round trip to do a demo here. I had a Varoma demo a few months ago and no one bought, so I can't bear to ask her to come here again.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2010, 09:20:01 pm »
I still don't understand the whole idea behind this marketing strategy and how it seems to change from country to country.
An acquaintance who just came back from a year's sabbatical in Switzerland said she saw the Thermomix demonstrated at a local food fair in Davos and could have purchased one right then but didn't think she would really use it.  She said that one man who told one of the demonstrators that he was a chef, picked up three while she was looking on so apparently they did not have to order them, they had them on hand for immediate sales.  The only "discussion" was about the discount the chef was to get on the price. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2010, 09:53:00 pm »
Yeh I'd love to get the Full Steam Ahead book but don't want to have to hold a varoma demo. I'm sure lots of people are the same. It's good to hold incentives to get people to hold demo's - but surely say 50% off an item if you hold a demo, full price if you don't type thing would get more people buying and demoing.