Author Topic: Recipe Book Tweaking and Reviews!  (Read 165755 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Recipe Book Tweaking and Reviews!
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2009, 04:19:35 am »

Several years ago Thermomixer, (92 or 94) just after we'd "done" Geelong in a Grand final

Had to rub it in - yes we were the first team to allow Foreigners to win a flag - and not once but TWICE  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

LOL - after Collingwood lost a final, I was driving up Hoddle Street -(centre of Magpie territory - like Chester Road in Manchester) - with Essendon paraphernalia.  Luckily wasn't lynched.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2009, 05:13:01 am »
haha! i have found it's all competitive within the aussies - until you go overseas, and then we band together lOL same with aussies and NZ'ers ;)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2009, 07:25:50 am »
It is funny isn't it? Sort of like families.  My brothers and I would fight something awful, but if someone else stepped in we would all unite as one.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2009, 08:32:39 am »
OK guys, you have all been busy little forum members on this topic I see...so this is my take on the brief skimming of this thread that I have just done!
If you want recipes to be changed you must email me. We reprint books as needed and in fact have just sent off changes for the Everyday last week...we only changed those that we have info about because as I am sure you can  appreciate, I cannot go through existing stuff when I am so busy with new stuff!
I am working as hard as my little Thermomix will allow (I have 2 plus 4 bowls)
I am aware of existing issues only if they are brought to my attention...and what would be better than a recipe complaint, would be a recipe solution...thanks to some of you for those type emails!
We at HQ are trying, and growing so rapidly that there is minimal time for every task, so please help us to help you by sending me your recipe solutions! It would be much appreciated and maybe not show up for a while, but eventually we will get the fine tuning right and no one will have 'issues' with our recipes!
Don't all email at once though ! You may just scare me off completely! hahaha :P

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2009, 08:51:08 am »
tenina, anyway you could have a feedback form page put on the website? instead of having to email?
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2009, 09:30:12 am »
Thanks Tenina - we eagerly await the new book.  Thanks, hope that you don't get inundated with "solutions".

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2009, 11:20:41 pm »
Did you use freshly grated Parmesan, gatre your own or buy pre-packaged Parmesan - when we were kids my mother bought some parmesan for the first time (about 40 years ago when it wasn't used much by aussies) and it was definitely off - rancid ? and it stank.

I had some a couple of days ago that was just so sweet and not salty/strong.

We grated our own, from a chunk bought at the supermarket.  It's very salty.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2009, 11:48:51 pm »
Regarding Grace, many moons ago (2003?) when I got my TM 21 2nd hand in Germany, I was trying to get help to learn about it in English.  I met a dead end in the UK at that time (different people running it then), but Grace truly lived up to her name.  She was wonderful.  She got an English language book out to me very quickly, as I only had a few days left in Australia (Australia didn't have its own one then - it was the British one .  Which I hadn't managed to get from Britain!).  She put me on the mailing list for new recipes, etc - and kept me on it for years, until I forgot to let her know my email was about to change, and so got 'lost' - having not realised that I would lose access to all the emails she had sent me over the years.

She spoke to me personally on the phone, and was so very helpful and kind.  I have never forgotten it, or stopped being grateful to her.  She had nothing to gain, but was so wonderful and supportive.  Hats off to her, and to all she has achieved.  She deserves her success, she is a wonderful lady.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2009, 02:55:30 am »
Recipe: Pasta With Tuna
Cookbook: Everyday Cookbook
Review: In desperation for something quick and easy I made this. It was quiet nice and tasty, however I did reduce the amount of stock concentrate significantly. The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons and I reduced this 2 large teaspoons and that was plenty. Would also add the tuna at the very end next time to.

Will make again, but needs a salad or something else with it.

Rating: 4 stars
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2009, 03:08:49 am »
Hi ILB, I am a lover of tuna casseroles so this was one of the first things I made ages ago.  So long ago in fact that I can't remember what it was about it that we didn't like - made a note on the recipe that it was lacking something but it was too early in my TMX career to even think about how to tweak it. We didn't have the tweak & review section back then unfortunately. DH hated it and I haven't attempted it since. I tend not to do something again if it didn't work the first time though so now I just make a batch of bechamel cheese sauce and add a can of tuna and creamed corn to that and if there is any left-over pasta in the fridge, that goes in too. Does anyone else have a favourite, tasty tuna recipe they can share with us.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:13:54 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2009, 03:30:45 am »
Thanks JD.  Yours sounds better. Even the wine in the cookbook recipe seemed to get lost in the flavours.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2009, 07:22:35 am »
Gravy page 57 Everyday cookbook.

I have done this as per the recipe and it was quite good but today I think I made an even better one ;) ;)  I blitzed 2 onions and a 120g tomato for 2 seconds on speed 7, added 15g butter and cooked it for 7 minutes 100o, speed 2. Once the roast meat and vegies were cooked, I removed them from the baking dish and kept them warm in the weber. Drained most of the oil, scraped up all the little bits and pieces with the help of a cup of water, added this to the TM bowl along with another 3 cups of water & 50g gravox powder. Cooked 18 minutes varoma, speed 2-3 with some thinly sliced beans in the varoma dish.  It was only when we were eating it that I realised I could have put 1 tbsp TM concentrated vegie stock in there as well but it tasted fine just as it was and there was no salt added either ???  I have frozen small packs of it for future use.  I used to buy those ready made gravies in soft packs which you just heat up but they are relatively expensive and don't taste that good.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2009, 09:56:57 am »
Lemon Cake from the everyday cookbook

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made them (did patty cakes) with gluten free flour and were soooooo yummo!
My Cooking Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2009, 11:31:01 am »
Dh just made the "yummy frittata" from cyndi's book (thanks judy ;))

it was nice, i enjoyed it. he did it slightly differently as you're supposed to slightly cook the eggs in the ovendish before adding the veg etc but we don't have a dish suitable for stove and oven, so just poured the eggs over the veg like usual. i LOVED the feta and pumpkin seeds on top, yum! the kids aren't keen but they are being a bit painful tonight anyway lol

the recipe doesn't make enough for a family our size (5) unless you had bread and salad to go with it - there's none left and i think dh is still hungry. (he added a few extra eggs too, but still wasn't enough)
My Cooking Blog

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2009, 03:46:01 am »
 I have set up a monthly email newsletter to my customers to do some of what we are doing here on the forum - give feedback on recipes.  We are looking at having an alternative type of cooking class on the Mornington Penninsula where customers come together to share recipes & hints & tips.
I have also set up a montly newsletter for my customers even though I was told not to by head office. Looked to professional and was going to cause confusion apparently. Nevertheless, I think it is important to keep customers updated with tips, hints and recipes and if head office doesnt have time to do a newsletter, I will do it myself regardless.

I also run my cooking classes very differently. They are more of a come and try/interactive cooking class where all customers bring their machines and we make the recipes together. It is a good chance for people to try thermomix before they buy.

Well done!!
An excellent idea to keep customers updated and in the loop.  I only wish that my consultant did it.
I like your idea for cooking classes too.
We have just had a notice for yet another beginners class here in Adelaide.  Sigh.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com