Author Topic: My first day with my TM  (Read 10984 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My first day with my TM
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 04:23:49 am »
Could  MF - does is more like it  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 08:04:53 am »
Lovely, you have been busy.
I'd give Chookie's No Fuss Bread a go. It is easy and delicious. I don't like sweet bread at all and for a savoury ( as opposed to sweet bread) I only ever put a pinch of sugar in.

Did you consultant show you how to pull the bowl apart? I only ever wash mine by hand, usually immediately after I use it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 08:09:00 am »
Great work!

Have a look at the Bread thread and keep experimenting. I also love Tenina's Soft Buttermilk Rolls. If you do a search, there'll be a link to her site here somewhere! Bit busy right now, otherwise I'd link it for you.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 09:00:01 am »
I hand wash my bowl. Think I am the last person in the world without a dishwasher :D My consultant gave me a green brush that is good to use and the super scrubbies are awesome for removing stains and stuck on bits.
I love chookies no fuss plain bread roll recipe. Easy and get same result each time. :)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 10:30:33 am »
I hand-wash my bowls too. My consultant puts hers in the dishwasher and was surprised that I don't.

For things that stick to the bowl I use a non-abraisive scourer from Selleys ( http://www.eziconcepts.com.au/Products/Selleys available in Australia from Bunnings). I think they are very effective.

Good luck :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 02:31:50 am »
I hand wash the bowl too.  :)
You have done a great job on your first day - no stopping you now!  ;)
:D

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 03:22:22 pm »
Wow, what a helpful and friendly lot you TM owners are! Thank you all for such a lot of wonderful comments and tips for me to perfect my breadmaking. I shall now spend my afternoon looking at all you recommend and start again.
Could I just ask achookwoman (what a wonderful name that is?) what Isi's roll recipe is and where I find it?
The creme brulee I made on my first day tasted really good but it was a tiny bit overcooked. Not knowing any better, I followed the recipe from the recipe book that came with the TM, which said that it may need even more cooking than the time stated. That taught me a lesson, because I didn't check the consistency until the recipe time was up and it had become a tad too thick already. However, as I said, it tasted lovely and once I had put a caramel topping on, I was very chuffed. I shall cook for a lesser time next time and keep checking.
I have since made a few more things, wonderful pastry (Rich shortcrust recipe) that was just the very best pastry I have ever made. I also made the Quiche Lorraine, both these from the recipe book that came with the TM - this was just fabulous, although I did change the cheese type to cheddar, as that was all I had. The result was out of this world.
As you can probably tell by now, I just love my new toy and shall be constantly looking for new things to try. If anyone has any favourites they could recommend, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks, once again, for all your kind help. I'll report back when my bread making has improved.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 10:03:14 pm »
OK I'm not Chookie but I think it is either of these recipes you are looking for...

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2665.0
or

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2729.0
:D

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 11:09:21 am »
Thanks so much Astarra. I'll give it a go.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 11:17:07 am »
Try my version of chookies no fuss bred, hallys high bread I think ts called :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Bebesha

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 10:33:19 pm »
I hand wash my bowl too.