Author Topic: I'm back again...  (Read 5469 times)

Offline jakodai

• View Profile
I'm back again...
« on: May 16, 2016, 02:11:39 am »
Hi All,

I'm not sure if you will remember me, but I was a member a couple of years ago. I had to sell my thermomix, due to some 'unforeseen circumstances' and got all upset about it and deleted my account. I ordered a new thermomix last week, which should arrive this week some time so I thought I'd re-introduce myself :-) I've been stalking the forums for a while, as you do... I've also bought the Skinnymixer's cook books and will be buying a lot of spices very soon.

I'm a single mum to a now 6 year old boy with Autism (high functioning) and Sensory Processing Disorder. He doesn't eat a great range of food, most nights he has what we call '4 things' - we have a segregated bowl with 4 sections and he has watermelon, apple and cheese, and then each night rotates between chicken nuggets, fish fingers, sausage rolls, mini dim sims and SOMETIMES meatballs. He doesn't cope well with unprocessed protein, he chews it a few times and spits it out. Apparently I was the same as a child, so hopefully he'll grow out of it. He also loves the store bought Macaroni and Cheese (the Kraft Deluxe one, with the canned cheese sauce). He has promised me that he'll at least try the things we make in the thermomix. I'm hoping to at the very least to replace the frozen, store bought items that he eats at the moment with healthier home made versions, and he's very excited about helping me cook in it, too. He also drinks the V8 juice, and I'm hoping to get a dehydrator soon to dehydrate fruit and vegetables to turn into a powder and use as a cordial-type-drink for him as well. Truthfully, I wanted to the dehydrator to make Tenina's chicken stock powder, and I researched some other things I could do with it and that was one of them...

I've also recently finished my university degree (Bachelor of Technology) and I'm starting work next week as a software developer, so the thermomix is also going to be a godsend for getting dinner prepared of an evening, and getting everything else done.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I'm back again...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 03:31:42 am »
Welcome back Jakodai, of course we remember you. Congratulations on your recent uni degree.  Good luck with the new job and good luck with your new TMX.  I'm sure if you and DS cook some things together he will end up eating a few more things.  Comparing what he eats now with different kids I've heard about, he is doing well but of course you want to see him eating some veggies.  You'd know all about hiding veg in his meatballs and sausage rolls, have you tried that with him?  It's lovely to have you back on the forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 05:46:31 am »
Welcome back Jakodai :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 08:54:00 am »
Welcome back Jakodi.Congratulations on your degree and buying a new Thermomix. Exciting times ahead for you with a new job and cooking with your DS6. I'm sure you both with have fun trying new recipes together.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 01:12:00 pm »
How wonderful to have you back with us Jakodai and congratulations on completing uni. I'm sure you are excited to be getting your thermomix.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 08:42:41 am »
Wow.. Blast from the past :-)

Welcome back. Lovely to see you here again.

MM

Offline jakodai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 04:22:37 pm »
Thanks everyone, it's great to be back. I love this forum, everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 09:22:34 pm »
Good to see you back on here Jakodai.  Sounds like you have had an amazing past couple of years full of challenges and changes.  Well done on getting your degree and your job.  It's great that DS is happy to help with the cooking and your TMX is going to be a boon.  Hope you will be able to keep in touch with us whenever you get the chance.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 04:51:56 am »
Welcome back Jakodai  :D
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 04:53:12 am »
Welcome back Jakodai, sounds like you are going to be organized with your TMX. 
Alot of us are still here, happily cooking.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 09:41:30 am »
Welcome back Jakodai.

Offline jakodai

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 01:24:10 pm »
Thanks everyone, my new Thermomix arrived today - very exciting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 07:12:17 pm »
Enjoy your new TM5 jackodai ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.