Author Topic: For Goodness sake - don't ever weld your base to the machine!!!  (Read 25464 times)

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
Re: For Goodness sake - don't ever weld your base to the machine!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 06:45:17 am »
I agree Cathy... especially love the tea towel one... would never have thought to do that! lol

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 11:27:44 pm »
Here is the list in Word format for those who want to print out a copy.  ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 11:47:01 pm »
Somehow missed this entire thread, thanks for bumping it nay-nay.  Like Cookie1, I was not told much at my delivery demo and had to work it out and read the manual myself (a few times).  Browsing this list, found it interesting that there were 3 suction caps for the scales and I have only ever cleaned 2 :o :o :o so I've been and checked to see where the 3rd one was and yes, I do have 3 but have never noticed the one in the front/middle :-)) :-)) :P :P.  Thankfully it wasn't grotty at all.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 12:37:32 am »
Thanks Nay-nay - a friend has just purchased one and so I can give her a review.  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 06:02:27 am »
Thanks for this - just one point to edit no 9 Timer setting - should be changed to read press - for 1 minute then + for 30 second intervals. Otherwise you spend 31 presses to get to 1 minute!!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 06:39:49 am »
Yes it sort of says it in a round about way at the end (- = 1 min) I have edited this a little to suit myself and still haven't seen it from HO so don't know what is going on there.  ??? ??? I thought it was supposed to come out on a card much like the checklist you get for packing for a demo...
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 07:42:14 am »
You are all very organised over there - I made my own checklists for demos and every demo it comes back and gets edited again! Always seem to forget something, once I forgot the bread flour and yeast and fortunately realised in the car and had to stop off and buy some.
How about posting the demo checklist too? I have done each different depending on the main course I am making.

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 10:23:07 am »
Shayla, pm me your email address and I will scan and send it to you. I have written all over mine as well but still have DH's which is clean and will give you the idea  ;) ;)

Offline bellesy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 11:12:52 am »

Thank you so much for this.  I just got my TMX this afternoon  :D but my consultant told me on the phone that she just planned to drop it off / it's all in the manual etc, but when she got here I had the list printed out and she was fine about going through it with me.   I felt much better about starting to use it after going through the checklist.  Thanks again!

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 11:50:50 am »

Thank you so much for this.  I just got my TMX this afternoon  :D but my consultant told me on the phone that she just planned to drop it off / it's all in the manual etc, but when she got here I had the list printed out and she was fine about going through it with me.   I felt much better about starting to use it after going through the checklist.  Thanks again!
Wow! Bet she was shocked you had that!  :D

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 02:37:12 pm »
Thank you so much for this.  I just got my TMX this afternoon  :D but my consultant told me on the phone that she just planned to drop it off / it's all in the manual etc, but when she got here I had the list printed out and she was fine about going through it with me.   I felt much better about starting to use it after going through the checklist.  Thanks again!
[/quote]

WOW I could never do that!!! I spend ages (probably too long lol) going through the list with my customers as I want them to be confident to use the TMX the minute I walk out the door. I know some consultants are hours away from their customers (Nay is one) but also know they spend a long time on the phone going through everything with them.

Offline bellesy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 02:52:50 am »
Wow! Bet she was shocked you had that!  :D

lol!  Yes, she was a bit taken aback.  I told her I got it from the forum and I got the feeling she doesn't come here.  Strange!  I thought consultants would definitely find this forum beneficial. 

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 03:34:37 pm »
Wow, there was so much in that list that I didn't know! Thanks!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Lemongrass

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 12:41:32 pm »

21.  drying with tea-towel Instruct customer how to dry with a tea-towel using reverse, speed 2 for 10 seconds.

Is it safe ? Has anyone tried it ? I was pondering if the hairdryer was the easiest way to dry the TMX and stumbled upon this...
I haven't had a home demonstration so this checklist is pretty handy...

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 01:17:14 pm »
Yep! I do it all the time. I use the Vileda Tea Towels though, the chamois ones (they don't make them anymore). I'm sure an ordinary tea towel would work fine.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand