Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469383 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
WA Retreat Weekend
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:44:10 pm »
I'm thinking of organising a 2 night TM retreat weekend around Margaret River.
approx August, or I would consider "Christmas in July" theme

If this is something you think you would love to be a part of, let me know
a)  what you would be interested in learning to see being cooked eg. bread, a bbq menu, or other
b)  any other things you would like to do over the weekend, eg. bring in a massuese, go on a winery tour
c)  would you like a special  TM chef eg. Tenina or Nico Moretti?
d) just a  FORUM FRIEND get together where we "bring something to the table" in either a demo or fun situation and meet each other and have a laugh in an informal situation
e) would you like to try something different eg. Hot Mix Pro, Thermochef
d)  do you have any suggestions
e)  have you got a group already that we can just go *pow! - done!* even on a mini weekend idea
f)  your best friends, would you want to share double beds (women are happy to, men seem to say ---- no way (unless they sway)
g)  BUDGET: have not EVEN costed this prospect before posting, let me know what you reckon is fair, what you expect - yeah, just putting it out there. If there is feedback, put it here, or PM me. I have contacts and the more info you give to make my life easier in nutting it out, the more I can do a good fun weekend for all.

Note:  we can have a mixed group, but it has to have a common interest of TM cooking

I've got the know how, you have just got to let me put it all together and there is a lot of fun to be had. If you have ideas for any other things I am happy to hear your requests.

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:25:16 pm »
A tiny bit  to far for me CP  :)

i would choose, D)
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:27:47 pm »
Sounds like a great idea, CP, and what a wonderful location.  I don't think most people realise how much organising goes into a weekend like this but, if it happens, I am sure you will all have a great time.  Enjoy it (if it goes ahead).  In fact, if it does happen, I think there will be an awful lot of jealous people who will miss out, for obvious reasons or distance, time and costs, over this side of the country!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:39:53 pm »
It sounds like a great idea to me.  There is only one direct flight to Perth from Cairns  but if it "T s"  I would consider it. Someone might have to lend me a sweater.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 11:06:14 pm »
Oh this would be so much fun. Would be a great weekend getaway. Would love to come along and meet people. But money would most likely stop me :(
But if something changes I would consider it (DH approved of course) it's only a flight away :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 11:07:50 pm »
Wildly puts hand up to attend  ;D ;D ;D now to put my thinking cap on for ideas  ;) ;)

Sounds like a brilliant idea CP - an awful lot of work for you though  :-* :-* :-*
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 11:31:20 pm »
Sounds fun ;D

Cant commit until I know dates as we already have a few things on.
H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

mcmich

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 12:15:46 am »
I would love to attend CP. If I can get a reasonably priced flight.
I like option D & E. I don't think it would matter what took place.
It will be a fun weekend to get together and talk thermomix or whatever.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 12:47:47 am »
Great idea CP but too far for me. Good luck with the interest and subsequent planning.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 12:53:31 am »
I am happy do anything  Would love a break even if  had to fly VIA Sydney to get the timing right. The Fri night direct flight to Perth does not get in until 2130. Not such a good arrival time.

Would love to visit a winery or ten but so long as I can have a glass of I am no fussed about the where.

More than happy not to  have to "do" but more than happy to watch others.

I snore, sleep naked, which is not a pretty sight,  and have to get up for a pee at least four times a night so am also more than happy to pay for a single room.

Would love to see the Hotmix in  action.  Or not

As you can tell  I am pretty easy to please.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 01:10:00 am »
I am a massage therapist............. in my spare time, when I am not cooking, or running my shop.

But, so far from Perth...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 01:18:45 am »
It sounds like a wonderful idea CP. I would be more than happy to just meet everyone. I'm like Gretchen and snore so I would probably be a single roomer too. Couldn't fully commit until I know when as we're going away to see Judy later in the year.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 01:33:22 am »
I wanna see Judy too. I just need someone to look after my dogs. Perth I can do hopefuly as DH is here  but he going to a meeting in Adelaide in November  and I want to go as well so I can MEET JUDY.

Gert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 02:06:56 am »
How I would love to go to something like this - if only I could swing it but it's so hard for me to plan so far in advance, we never know how DH is going to be from one day to the next here.  I will be there in spirit though girls and it looks like I might get to meet a couple of you anyway before the year is out. I would be a single roomer too, wouldn't get a wink of sleep if I was in the same room as Gretchen and her snoring  - also to see her naked would just be too much to bare bear  :D :D :D. Certainly would be a lovely experience and CP, I know you could organise a wonderful weekend - good on you for even thinking about it. I hope you can pull it off.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 02:14:39 am »
 yes l would love to come

can help out , were possible , look for accomdation for us , ect  cant  talk now my 3 year old is in to every thing
will post later ideas

South West WA AUSTRALIA