Author Topic: Muffin Mix from Lunchbox book  (Read 4145 times)

Offline jaclom

• View Profile
Muffin Mix from Lunchbox book
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:10:53 am »
Has anyone made this?  I threw my first batch out.  The muffins tasted really strange.  Today I made a new lot of muffin mix and remade some chocolate muffins.  I think they still taste strange (kids like them, but that's becasue they have the word chocolate in front).
I am not convinced this 'muffin mix' has any advantages and is just another container in my cupboard!  I liked the idea of adding 300 gm of muffin mix to the thermomox and adding other wet ingredients to make a variety of muffins.  Now I'm thinking it's not really necessary.....   ???  What have other thermo users experienced?

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Muffin Mix from Lunchbox book
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:44:17 am »
We didn't really like the muffins either and I didn't think it was worthwhile making up the mix.  I really love that booklet but this recipe wasn't a winner for us.  :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:55:15 am »
Actually I didn't like it much either. The kids didn't even eat them all before I had to throw the rest out. I hate wasting food.  There are some great muffin recipes on this forum definitely worth trying and they are all quick and easy to make.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 11:59:58 pm »
Yes I stick to forum muffin recipes now too.  We just love Trudy's orange muffins with sultanas and grated chocolate.  :)