Author Topic: Coconut Rough  (Read 4246 times)

Offline Kym

• View Profile
Coconut Rough
« on: November 07, 2010, 01:15:41 am »
Name of Recipe: Coconut Rough

I just made this recipe from Chelsea (Thermie Groupie) blog and copied the info here (hope you don't mind).

I didn't have the cashews so I just used more almonds.  I also didn't read properly and didn't put the nuts aside before adding the dates etc.  It hasn't had any real affect on the mix.  Its now sitting in the fridge setting but it nearly didn't make it there as my DD1 was eatting the mix as it was being put in the tin.  She thinks its delicious (and doesn't realise that its quite good for her!)

Ingredients

130g raw organic almonds
75g cashews
250g organic pitted dates
30g organic dessicated coconut
30g organic cacao powder or cocoa powder
generous pinch Himalayan salt
30g rapadura
60g butter in cubes
30g organic shredded coconu

Procedure
Line a lamington tin with baking paper.

Place nuts into TMX bowl and grind for 8 seconds on speed 7. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.

Add all other ingredients (except butter and shredded coconut) and chop for 30 seconds on speed 7. Set aside with nuts.

Add butter to TMX bowl and melt for 2 minutes at 60 degrees on speed 2.

Add all ingredients into the bowl with the butter and mix on reverse speed 5 until well combined.

Empty into tin and press out to the edges with knuckles. Smooth over with back of spoon. Score with a knife to create squares and refrigerate. Break or cut into squares when set and keep in fridge.

members' comments

Chelsea  - It is very yummy.  Giving credit where credit is due - I did a challenge on my blog where I reviewed 10 recipes from A Taste of Vegetarian Cookbook in 10 days.  This is a recipe that I modified from the Veg Cookbook as my family don't like coconut oil or honey in sweets.  The blog is no longer in existence.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:30:30 am by judydawn »

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Coconut Rough
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 03:37:19 am »
It is very yummy.  Giving credit where credit is due - I did a challenge on my blog where I reviewed 10 recipes from A Taste of Vegetarian Cookbook in 10 days.  This is a recipe that I modified from the Veg Cookbook as my family don't like coconut oil or honey in sweets.

Offline Kym

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 03:53:45 am »
I'm having trouble not going back to the fridge for another piece!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 05:51:42 am »
This would be very nice I would imagine. Sadly my DH or DD wouldn't eat it. Coconut haters!
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/