Author Topic: Brownie Recipe for Bakerella Cake Pops  (Read 42472 times)

Offline whisks

• View Profile
Re: Brownie Recipe for Bakerella Cake Pops
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 10:32:20 am »
hi, maddy! i've only stumbled onto this and noticed you preordered the book. well, i'll tell you what i did...i went tearing all over town looking for the cookie cutter she used to cut out the base for the cupcake pops. that was ages ago and i still haven't done a thing. sound familiar? it's just that i've been doing a gazillion other things (which are not memorable...). you are so incredible

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 11:24:41 am »
LoL whisks........I'm just incredibly nuts for spending way too much time making them!  :P

That  book is now old, but  I soak up all the beautiful ideas.  Unfortunately stumbled across another pop book on Book depository today....but it's still at pre-order status.  125 days til release  :-))

Has a lot more recipes, so it's in my basket  ;)

As for the cookie cutter whisks......forget it.....I bought this  cake pop mold today, and I think it should  end pop shaping frustration forever!......I hope so anway  :)

Bought it from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Cupcake-POP-Mold-/130449502363?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5f65709b

I just thought today of a no-bake way of doing them, so I will test it out first before posting.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:29:04 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 10:08:25 pm »
That's going to make things a lot easier Maddy. I've just ordered 1 - wanted to order 3 as a great little Christmas gift but there was nowhere on the order form to change the quantity to 3.  Have sent an email off to them though so hopefully will get an answer back.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:31:54 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline whisks

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 10:17:13 pm »
oh, is that why i haven't done anything with the cookie cutter yet? trust you to find something like that. you do realise i still haven't bought anything off ebay yet? nor have i sold anything. one day.....

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2010, 05:54:48 am »
Whisks I'm another who doesn't use e-bay. I wouldn't know how.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2010, 12:24:21 am »
trust you to find something like that. you do realise i still haven't bought anything off ebay yet? nor have i sold anything. one day.....

LoL whisks......ebay is fabulous......but a little too convenient  :P  especially if you are spur-of-the-moment shopper like me  8)

Judy....aren't they cute!  The oreo recipe that comes with could be interesting  :-\  imagine it to be quite sweet!
I can't wait to try it out when it arrives.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:22:53 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2010, 11:31:58 am »
Can't wait to see how big they are maddy, very small I imagine.  I have never done anything like this before so will have to get some practise in before GD's 6th birthday on 30/12. You may be hearing from me for advice :P :P  ;D ;D

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 08:25:33 am »

Thank you so much for the brownie conversion and making me aware of bakerella web site and their spiders
Brownie tasted so good. Even the trimmed parts are not wasted! :)

Only difference is I didn't have self raising flour. I used plain flour and added baking powder myself

I used you brownie conversion to make spiders for Halloween: http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4806.0

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 10:10:49 am »
Maddy, I have my youngest DD's 6th b'day coming up on 30/11 - too bad you don't want to go into business, it might have saved me from having to make these. Yours look so adorable. DD is having a pink & purple picnic party so these are on my list to make as the b'day cake - saves slicing a cake and they are sure to be a hit if the weather cools down enough for me to want to do the cooking.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 11:54:45 am »
These will be perfect for your Daughters party!  Kids just love them.
I did make some recently just by mixing up jam lamingtons with a cup of coconut......it certainly made it a much quicker process.

The mix was a little too moist though, so I will try with just plain ones next time.  I'm still experimenting with quick mix options  ;)
I stored these ones in a biscuit tin filled with salt......they seemed to stay put....until they were demolished at least  :)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 12:07:18 pm »
You could save some polystyrene packaging and put them in that maddy.  I just threw a batch out and could kick myself  :D
Then there's those florist blocks, can probably find them in the cheap shops, or large oranges cut in half would hold a few too.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 10:47:48 pm »
I do use a polystyrene block, which does work.....apart from little bits of it that seem to fly around (not to mention the mess it made to cut it into shape  :-)))
Florists foam can work, but you get it all over the sticks, which can look like mould  :P

Because I'm making them more frequently, I have been contemplating  this acrylic stand from the U.S.

Hubby's just too busy at the moment to make me something similar.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2010, 11:37:53 pm »
Now there's an idea.  My DH could knock me up a wooden one I am sure but he is tied up making pinatas for the kids now until Christmas. 

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2010, 11:49:12 pm »
Judy, could you post a photo of his pinata's?
What a clever man he is  :)  Are they hard to make?.......kids always want one for occasions, but I hate the price tag attached.....because  they're demolished in minutes!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2010, 12:09:49 am »
I did intend to maddy when they are all done.  He is very slow at it and it takes him weeks to make the 5 needed. He has nearly finished the truck and the horse so will post pictures of those 2 as soon as he has completed them, next week maybe. He has been doing it for 3 years now - one year he made for great-nieces/nephews too so it was 7 that year. You should see my dining room table where he does all this work - good thing I have not planned any dinner visitors  :-)) :-))  Still, I can't complain about the workshop inside the house, it is for the kids afterall and keeps him occupied albeit he gets very frustrated at times. He comes up with some good ideas though and we start saving all types of cardboard boxes, (tablet boxes, cereal, tissue etc) towards the end of the year so that he has plenty to work with. Sometimes you can recycle the pinata the following year if just the body is damaged - the little ones don't do too much damage to them but the older ones smash them to bits.