Author Topic: Recipe chips for TM5  (Read 34331 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Recipe chips for TM5
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 02:44:10 pm »
Megan Jane - can you save recipes to favourites on one chip or would you just have a favourite section on the machine itself? Is there any facility to save stuff like the magic bean cake though? And recipes that you love off the net or can you only save ones from a TMX recipe chip (b/c I don't love a lot to TMX recipes - too bland)
I think it's saved to the machine. But, no, you can only save recipes to favourites FROM the chip, as far as I know....
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 01:45:04 pm »
I've just read on the American Thermomix thread that you may be able to buy a chip where you can save your own recipes. Not sure how this would work?
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 04:43:22 pm »
The next chip to be released in Australia will be Cooking for You and Me, as we've heard at training.  Maybe not available until 2015 though.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 01:01:12 am »
I've just read on the American Thermomix thread that you may be able to buy a chip where you can save your own recipes. Not sure how this would work?
I heard the same. There was talk of wifi and an app, maybe you do it that way? Otherwise you'll likely have to have to buy a chip and it's come with a cable or something that plugs into your computer and it'll come with software to enter all the information in. I assume you'd be also be able to download/upload recipes from the community also.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 01:32:03 am »
The next chip to be released in Australia will be Cooking for You and Me, as we've heard at training.  Maybe not available until 2015 though.
Well I won't be getting excited over that one  :-)) I have the book but have barely looked at it. Would have thought Quirky Jo's book to be a more popular choice.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 02:30:24 am »
I'm not interested in the recipes on the chip, as I don't like the recipes that are official TMX recipes.  I only use 8 from EDC book and all of these are changed by me to be acceptable. But I would be VERY keen to have the facility to download my recipes onto a device that I could use with the 5.   I can't see TMX doing this as it isn't consistent with their selling pattern.   This would mean Tenina , Alyce and a lot of others would also have the capacity to do this.  I don't think so. 

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 02:13:08 pm »
I agree, Chookie. Ugh, Cooking For You and Me? Good grief, surely there's something better than that one. I would have preferred In The Mix or one of Dani Valent's to that one. The Baby and Toddler would have been a better choice, too as would have QJ's.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 04:07:29 pm »
My feeling is with more recipes available online, recipe books will be harder to sell. So will chips be. I am not a new owner, I have also bought a TM5 (but still waiting on delivery aaaaggh), and I have all the UK and AUSTRALIA  books. Apart from about 5 TM books that iv purchased the rest are "rubbish" in my opinion (only). I barely ever go on the recipe community, as I find all my recipes here on the forumthermomix.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 10:15:38 pm »
Totally agree. Hardly use the TMX recipe books other than two. My recipes comes from this Forum.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 12:57:25 am »
I can see the benefit of an EDC or similar being in a chip with step by step instructions for first time users and other members of the family.
Cooking for you and me is one I don't have so can't really make a call on that. Agree with both MJ, in the mix with complicated recipes would be a good one to be chipped and  CP, the very popular Quirky Jo would have made more sense.
Listening out to see if any orders are getting delivered.
Can't imagine the bank balance with everyone paying up front, kerchang!
Denise

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 02:45:59 am »

Listening out to see if any orders are getting delivered.

yes, trying to be patient. Have told my consultant I won't bug her and will wait for her phonecall, but in the meantime I'm just dying to get my hands on it. Whilst I've started to pay interest on my credit card purchase, I speculate that its sitting somewhere in some high interest earning account doin' its thang

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 12:15:30 pm »
I always keep my Credit Card in credit so never pay interest.  :P

I'm also a bit peeved that the first payment has come out of my CC. Why didn't they make sure there were plenty in stock for the launch?
The Bush Gourmand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 09:27:00 pm »
I robbed Peter to pay Paul as the saying goes to pay for my new TM, because of the longer wait I have already put more than half of it back :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 03:04:29 pm »
Yep I never spend more than I have but the point had to be made  ;)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 09:56:15 pm »
I got a 12 month interest free credit card from Westpac just to purchase the T5. There is an annual fee of $45 and no interest unless there is a balance at the end of the 12 months. I'll be paying it off well before the 12 months and then cancelling the card, I'll also be able to decide on the best time to sell my TM31 and deposit that money onto the card. I believe in making the most of the banks money and not using mine unless I have to. I've used this same method in the past for some major purchases and it's worked well for us.